3 Year Marriage Visa From Uk

When I went to London to get my one year marriage visa last year I think that I saw a sign at the desk stating that it was possible to get a three year marriage visa. However I was in a rush and thinking about other things, plus I only had the exact money for a one year Visa. Is it right that they give three year marriage visas there or in any other UK embassy?

My current Visa does not expire until October but I am returning to Uk in a few weeks and I’m considering renewing the Visa so that I don’t have to worry for another year. If I can get a three year Visa then I will.

Any ideas?

When I went to London to get my one year marriage visa last year I think that I saw a sign at the desk stating that it was possible to get a three year marriage visa. However I was in a rush and thinking about other things, plus I only had the exact money for a one year Visa. Is it right that they give three year marriage visas there or in any other UK embassy?

My current Visa does not expire until October but I am returning to Uk in a few weeks and I’m considering renewing the Visa so that I don’t have to worry for another year. If I can get a three year Visa then I will.

Any ideas?

I presume the are talking about the one year Non Immigrant O Visa based on having a Thai Wife.

You can stretch this out to 15 months in Thailand if you do a visa run the day before it expires and get another 90 days.

There is no 3 year version.

I believe there is a non-B visa valid for multiple entries within 3 years from the date of issue available to people who frequently travel to Thailand on business. It is mentioned here on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2498

--

Maestro

The basic documents seem to be simple enough but I can't imagine it's that easy to obtain one of those three year visa's otherwise everyone would have one.

Anyway, I must have been mistaken about the sign I saw in the London embassy.

I believe there is a non-B visa valid for multiple entries within 3 years from the date of issue available to people who frequently travel to Thailand on business. It is mentioned here on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2498

--

Maestro

They are very hard to get and are only available at Thai Embassies. You cannot use a 3 year B to work in Thailand.

Agreed. I looked at the requirements and you need to get a lot of detailed info from your business contacts that they may not feel is justified unless you are real special to them. Much too much paperwork IMHO so I am happy to get the nice letter from my one or two sweet clients and get a 1-year multi-B from just about any Thai Consulate.

You must have a Thai wife to apply for a Thai marriage visa.

You misunderstood the 3 yr marriage visa, you can only apply a one year multiple entry “O” visa which will allow you to come and go from Thailand as you wish for one year( maximum stay per entry of 90 days.

The 3 year visa is for Business and is granted by a Thai Embassy and issued only by a Thai career officer.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com