Visa Type For Prospective Teacher

Greeting:

I am trying to find out what kind of Visa I should get if I am coming to Thailand to search for a teaching position. I am an American. I am currrently in China where I have been teaching for the last five years. After visiting Thailand a few months ago, I have decided that I would like to to come to Thailand and teach. So I am wondering what kind of Visa I should get. If I come on a Tourist Visa it is good for only 30 days and it might take me longer than that to find a suitable teaching position.

Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Wayne

I think it would be a good idea for you to check out (www.ajarn.com) As now the thai M.O.E is is making prospesctive teaching posts very TRYING :o To say the least,yhat is why i quit teaching jan this year,full BULL on aformentioned site. regards aazA.

Greeting:

I am trying to find out what kind of Visa I should get if I am coming to Thailand to search for a teaching position. I am an American. I am currrently in China where I have been teaching for the last five years. After visiting Thailand a few months ago, I have decided that I would like to to come to Thailand and teach. So I am wondering what kind of Visa I should get. If I come on a Tourist Visa it is good for only 30 days and it might take me longer than that to find a suitable teaching position.

Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Wayne

You can get a one year multiple visa at certain Embassies or Consulates but none will do so on a job basis in SE Asia countries. If you are traveling to the States, the best option is to get this there or a tourist visa in SE Asia.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com