London Katoeys

yuggy

Not breaking any rules I can think of. I may have recounted my encounter with Thai ladyboys in full drag at Penang, and the pub coincidentally was named Soho Pub. First I chatted up the waiter, who turned out to be an extremely short-haired young woman. Then I met a Thai lady who started by saying, "You can't afford me" -as if I would want to! :o

Sadly back in the U.K. after my wonderful trip to Thailand. If I am not breaking the rules can I ask if there are any katoey haunts in London?

Not that it's my thing, but I do recall seeing a T.V. program about this place in Soho (where else?) check it out. http://www.madamejojos.com/

Jojo's used to be a fun, special place in the 90's - then it got taken up by the straight "office party" crowd......... maybe thinking they're being a bit daring and/or looking for something to gawk at. Still, it has always put on a great show - as in cabaret. And the waiter/esses are usually stunning. But I don't see the OP finding Thai-style katoey in there or anywhere else that comes to mind in London. Long Yang is as straight as gay can be. Maybe check out the Kudos bar? There might also be the occasional "oriental"-oriented gay disco night somewhere that some attendees swish their stuff - but I never encountered it.

Good reply.

JoJos used to be good. Kudos, near Charing X station, is the Rice Paradise (heaven for farang want asian) but even so, it is generally caucasian. Now and again you could find asians in the Quebec (Marble Arch), but only a few.

The Long Yang club is the 'forum' for you to meet asians (and v-v). It used to meet at a pub, but that was yrs ago. Check the postings and press. But, it is gay-gay mainly

You may find "tranny bars" with guys in drag---but basically you are in a minority. "Regular" gays don't want (and sometimes hate) cross-dressers or gender-changers//or else treat them with faint ridicule.

Quite often, it is noted that straights--ex straights--'suddenly' find a whole new world with Katoey. There was a programme on TV about a rugby-playing builder with four kids who found 'heaven' with a Katoey and left his wife. I think that's great--what a 'rainbow' we truly are!!

Some Katoey, especially in BKK, can be very dodgy. A friend got viciously attacked and robbed by two. Some Katoey seem to take pride in 'look how nasty I can be'. The world has punished them, and they are sometimes very bad in return.

P

There was a programme on TV about a rugby-playing builder with four kids who found 'heaven' with a Katoey and left his wife. I think that's great--

Great? Maybe for the builder but what about the wife and kids?

Can you imagine the teasing that the kids would get at school when the other kids find out that Dad's done a bunk with a ladyboy?

What about the emotional turmoil for the wife (mother)?

Is the builder still providing financial support for the wife & 4 children or is the taxpayer picking up the tab for this builder's sexual fantasy?

"Great" ... my arse! What about RESPONSIBILITIES ???

There is a Thai ladyboy cabaret show in Soho. Don't recall the venue.

Currently touring the UK is:

The Lady Boys of Bangkok – 'Devils and Angels' – The 10th Anniversary Tour

Its a big Thai ladyboy show at various UK venues up until December.

check out: ladyboysofbangkok dot co dot uk

Saw it a few years back (after running into some of the cast in a bar :o like you do - genuine whako Thai Katoey too). Not bad show, something along the lines of a cut down version of Simon Cabaret.

There was a programme on TV about a rugby-playing builder with four kids who found 'heaven' with a Katoey and left his wife. I think that's great--

Great? Maybe for the builder but what about the wife and kids?

Can you imagine the teasing that the kids would get at school when the other kids find out that Dad's done a bunk with a ladyboy?

What about the emotional turmoil for the wife (mother)?

Is the builder still providing financial support for the wife & 4 children or is the taxpayer picking up the tab for this builder's sexual fantasy?

"Great" ... my arse! What about RESPONSIBILITIES ???

It depends whom you know. It is probably off-topic here, but since we started...I left my wife and kept supporting all six of our kids (and indirectly, her and her second/third husband and their kid). Then I ended up raising my last two to four kids all by myself. Would those builder's children get teased at school any more than the children of the lady coworker I knew, who left her husband and kids for a sweet young lesbian? Would they get kidded any more than Glenn's two teen-aged boys, who moved in with him when Glenn was dating men? Kids in most civiized Western countries no longer kid the children of divorced parents, or children of mixed racial heritage. The kids often understand sexual orientation better than their parents do. And back on subject, katoeys are more than just cross-dressing transvestites, whom many "straight" or bi men find very attractive, with or without meat and vegetables. :o