One Way Plane Tickets

Hello All -

I'm planning on going to Thailand with a Tourist Visa and I was wondering if there are any issues with customs/airlines if you land without a return ticket. Does the Tourist Visa clear that issue?

Thanks

More than likely you will be asked when trying to check in why you do not have an onward ticket or indeed return ticket. They have asked me and hassled me over this coming here on one way ticket with non-immigrant B. I think the other two replies on here maybe refering to when you get here, indeed unlikely the immigration officer will check, but i guarantee you that when you check in they will question it.

More than likely you will be asked when trying to check in why you do not have an onward ticket or indeed return ticket. They have asked me and hassled me over this coming here on one way ticket with non-immigrant B. I think the other two replies on here maybe refering to when you get here, indeed unlikely the immigration officer will check, but i guarantee you that when you check in they will question it.

Really? So even if I have a Tourist Visa to enter Thailand, the airline may request proof of an onward or return ticket?

Has anyone ever ran into problems with this?

Edited by DijuriDo

Yes many people have been asked - in fact I had to go to station manager level with Thai airlines on one occasion. Normally it is the check-in agent and allowed at next higher level. Even with a one year extension of stay/re-entry permit I have been questioned but that did not take long. It very much depends on the airline and the agent.

So even if I have a Tourist Visa to enter Thailand, the airline may request proof of an onward or return ticket?

They shouldn't but if the airline is not interpreting the rules correctly, they might.