Email To Sms Gateway?

Phil Conners

Anyone know a service where I can redirect my email to recive an SMS notification. If the notification could include sender and at least some of the subject that would be great!

I used to use Loxinfo's email notification to SMS which was great but they stopped it.

Then I used Hotmails for a while, that was crap as the message basically just said you had a mail (and you had to login to crappy Hotmail to read it too, yuk!). Anyway they seem to have stopped that too (or perhaps it just broke and t hey haven't realized yet).

Anyone know a service where I can redirect my email to recive an SMS notification. If the notification could include sender and at least some of the subject that would be great!

I used to use Loxinfo's email notification to SMS which was great but they stopped it.

Then I used Hotmails for a while, that was crap as the message basically just said you had a mail (and you had to login to crappy Hotmail to read it too, yuk!). Anyway they seem to have stopped that too (or perhaps it just broke and t hey haven't realized yet).

Why not sign up for GPRS with either DTAC or AIS and you will not need notification via SMS, you can receive the actual e-mail!

I am with AIS and pay 499 baht per month for unlimited usage of GPRS on top of their cheapest monthly promotion package for normal talk time.

If you have a decent mobile phone model, you can receive your email on your mobile phone - the fancier models can even download and view many types of attachments, but my SonyEricsson T610 does not have that option. Still, I can read everything within the actual body of the message.

- With the GPRS service, you can use ANY email address that has POP3 or IMAP forwarding enabled, which even Loxinfo dialup account email addresses have.

You still need to actively query your mailbox, most telephones can't do it for you. I need to receive the info when it comes in, even if late at night.

Anyway, 499/month for unlimited GPRS is not an option. Currently it's 1,400/month for like a couple hundrede MB .. check gsmadvance.com (AIS) Website.

At first, I was shown those promotions you mention as well, by the service girl at the AIS counter in Chiang Mai, until I told her my friend was using a 499 per month unlimited account. Then she said: "Oh, is that the one you want. OK." and I got it.

So my advice is that you head for the AIS office and do the same thing. You never know. My Sony Ericsson T610 checks my Loxinfo e-mail account every 5 minutes for me which should suit your needs as well I believe. It's a good phone, well worth the price.

I got a Motorola E398, it will not check mail more often than 30 minutes. Anyway I don't really need this, I get about 40-50 mails per day and only needs notification for one or two emergency mails.

Anyway, that is a real cool deal you have, does it have a name? Would be well worth asking for it but I am not convinced they will offer it here.