Motorbike Hire In Phnom Phen

Damaz6052

Cost, quality, brand etc many thanks
Good advice from andy, thats all you need really, see jeff at adventure moto, or if on a budget there is a real nice khymer guy almost oppisite the walkabout hotel for $10 a day for am older xr250 or similar, pm me for some awesome pics of rides we have done down there !

post-41326-1212413289_thumb.jpg

I can't recommend a shop but an XR250 (or XL250/XLR250) are very good bikes, on and off-road. Before you rent one, just make sure "you" can start it from cold, and give it a test drive. For ton's of really good SE Asia motorbike info, you definitely need to check out the forums at www.gt-rider.com

Edited by blakegeee

Cost, quality, brand etc many thanks
if on a budget there is a real nice khymer guy almost oppisite the walkabout hotel for $10 a day for am older xr250 or similar

Used these guys at Christmas - Angkor Motorcycles # 92 Eo, Rue 51. Good efficient service and no issues about the machinery, not brand new but well maintained and @$10/day well pleased.

I had heard no bikes for rent to barang in S'ville so rode down from PP.

BIG word of caution if you're riding here for the 1st time. On-coming traffic, especially buses, trucks and taxis WILL cross onto "your" side of the road and run you off into the ditch. Happened to me several times and pretty hairy - no fun rounding a bend and finding myself forced into the ditch - going from 80kph on tarmac road onto hard shoulder takes a lotta luck/skill to keep it up. Be warned, these guys really don't mess about.

Apart from that fantastic country and people. Wonderful trip and i'm planning to be back Oct.

Siem Reap is marvellous, it's impossible to describe seeing Angkor Wat for 1st time.

Enjoy and ride safe.

BTW. I brought my own crash helmet with me from UK. wasn't too happy relying on the local stuff. :o

Odysseus

Hate to be a spoilsport, but riding motos in PP is very dangerous.

The drivers/riders are the worst in SE Asia in my opinion - way worse than the Thais - and there are no rules. My co-worker was trashed by a drunk riding a trailbike 3 weeks ago - multiple injuries & breaks - and this morning in my tuk tuk on the way to work a moto came around us at high speed & straight into an oncoming one - nasty.

A couple of months ago there was fresh blood all over Sisowath Quay because another drunk on a moto had gone into the side of a tuk tuk at high speed - instantly killed. My tuk tuk driver (on his moto) was run into by a guy from behind, and was consequently in a coma for a week.

I could go on - carnage is a daily event here on the roads. If I could afford to upgrade from tuk tuks to SUVs I would, purely for protective reasons. I gave up motos soon after arrival, on hearing the stories then seeing them for myself. Safe/slow riding is no protection because they come at you out of nowhere at enormous speeds, often drunk.

There's also the theft problem, which is large. Another co-worker had her moto stolen last week, and went to the police station to report it. She discovered it in the chief policeman's office: he'd knocked it off on the way home from work the previous night. ('$30 please.')

Edited by Robroy