International Money Draft

hi,

want to take some of my money to thailand to put in the bank. my bank here in the uk suggested international money order. they said it is universally accepted and i just present to the bank in thailand i want to put it in.

is this ok?

thanks

if you have working permit or other supporting document then u can.

Thai Bank needs stack of papers about who are you,how you get the money and why you put the money in that bank..

I've done that before and believe me it wasnt easy as they say. But anyway worth to try

if you have working permit or other supporting document then u can.

Thai Bank needs stack of papers about who are you,how you get the money and why you put the money in that bank..

I've done that before and believe me it wasnt easy as they say. But anyway worth to try

so what do you think? ok-not ok. i got it from northern bank, n.ireland?

hi guys, replys to my question are minimal. can someone who knows about these things please contact me. i didnt send the money by swift, dont have a thai bank account and didnt want the hassle of having to deal with stupid questions from uk customs. the money is less than 10/000 gbp.

my northern bank assures me that an interntional money draft is the same as walking into bangkok bank with cash.

i can show receipts of the withdrawl from my uk bank.

i have been in thailand for 4 years so the bank knows me from going in and out with my g/f and getting money via my creditcard. i want to deposit into g/f account when i get there, i trust her no problem.

advice please.

kind regards :o

In my experience it is fraught with problems - especially Bangkok Bank. The last time I used a money order (years ago) I had to go and see the manager, and assure him that there would be not more than 1 per year.

Either a telex transfer, or open a Nationwide Flex Account and withdraw a maximum of £300 a day from any ATM. Rates generally higher than telex transfer rates.

If you are going to deposit the money in g/f account why not just telex it to her? But make 2 payments of £5000. I believe anything over 500,000baht necessitates questions etc.