Stun Guns Seized At Melbourne Airport

Farma

Stun guns seized at airport

June 04, 2008 10:29am

CUSTOMS officers made a shock discovery when they found 10 stun guns stuffed in luggage at Melbourne airport.

The illegal electric shock devices, which look and function as a torch but deliver a high-voltage shock, were found by officers during a baggage search on Monday.

A flick knife was also discovered.

A 54-year-old Australian man, who had arrived on a flight from Bangkok, is expected to be charged with breaching the Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations 1956.

Australian Customs National Manager of Investigations, Richard Janeczko, said the devices were capable of delivering a nasty shock.

"Travellers should be aware there are significant penalties for breaching prohibited import regulations and make themselves aware of what they can and cannot bring into Australia," he said.

The offence carries a maximum penalty of $275,000 and/or 10 years in prison.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...5003402,00.html

Guest Reimar
if theyre so bad and dangerous shouldnt the police stop using them.

Are guns with bullets not even dangerous and bad? :o

Cheers.

Now you are threading into unsafe waters. Since there are a lot of us that believe that the government should never be trusted to have a monopoly on violence. I.e. don't expect them to be your friends and do what is best for you. You should be allowed to protect yourself at best your ability.

Now you are threading into unsafe waters. Since there are a lot of us that believe that the government should never be trusted to have a monopoly on violence. I.e. don't expect them to be your friends and do what is best for you. You should be allowed to protect yourself at best your ability.

Yes. We will only be safe when that monopoly is removed and ALL citizens are permitted to carry flick-knives, stun guns and firearms.

Yes. We will only be safe when that monopoly is removed and ALL citizens are permitted to carry flick-knives, stun guns and firearms.

I sure would feel safer than now when only corrupt police and criminals are carrying it...