Hi So

crudy21

Can someone explain to me all about Hi So? Is it a class thing?

Thanks

:o Even if your are not here you should figure out it means high society. The Thai that run/rule the Kingdom..... :D

as well as those who are just plain filthy rich.

Houses in BKK, HK, NY, London. Educated in either UK or US (sometimes elsewhere, but not usually). Either they, or their kids have been abroad since 8, flying home at regular intervals. Member of the RSBC.

Kids all usually working in merchant banking, high end consulting, selected government departments (eg MOF) or taking over the family business after a stint in the private sector.

Money is no object.

Thanks

excellent question and one that I'd never have thought to ask my mate.

such serious stuffage is best reserved for forums.

there is plenty of bandwidth here.

Wow Samran did pretty much hit it on the head. I have seen that most of them tend to be at a minimum 2nd or 3rd generation HiSo. I haven't seen too many young (40 or below) self made HiSo types like you occasionally get in the States for example.

If you got money or not doesn't matter anyway. I never understood people who are jealous about other peoples wealth. Some of the rich kids can't be really proud of what they did because they did nothing and just get sponsored by their parents. But even if they feel extra special because their credit card bill gets paid by their parents. Let them be happy.

Thanks

:o Even if your are not here you should figure out it means high society. The Thai that run/rule the Kingdom..... :D

as well as those who are just plain filthy rich.

Houses in BKK, HK, NY, London. Educated in either UK or US (sometimes elsewhere, but not usually). Either they, or their kids have been abroad since 8, flying home at regular intervals. Member of the RSBC.

Kids all usually working in merchant banking, high end consulting, selected government departments (eg MOF) or taking over the family business after a stint in the private sector.

Money is no object.

And if you're a hi-so lady, you have big hair:

1058506987_OtherMarge.jpg

Member of the RSBC.

what the Roswell Street Baptist Church

haha, got confused with HSBC!

Actually, it should be RBSC. The cool crowd hand out at the Polo club. Nothing wrong with that either!

Typical Hi-So behaviours:

- Hanging around at Paragon / Emporium

- Frequently attending Gala dinners and openings

- Have a driver / servant do all the work for you (i.e. Making your driver wait and sleep in the car for 8 hours while you stop at Chanel and drinking Latte at Greyhound.

- Thinks they are immune to the law and can get away by crying for their Papa and Mama.

- Clubbing at Thonglor Street while showing off your new BMW rims and your black Audi TT.

- Wears designer shades even though it's fking dark inside those night clubs.

Fat Old Hi-So women characteristics:

- The higher the hair (windshield), the more important you are.

- Wear an ugly silk custome that doesnt even compliment the body while wearing smashingly red lipsticks with puffed up face full of talcom powder.

- Being fat (the fatter you are, the more important. This shows that you have money.

- Loves talking down or complaining to regular people about their services.

Some notes: Sometimes there are hi-so wannabes, this can be easily spotted. For example:

- You can notice girls at Siam who takes the BTS skytrain that wears a 200 baht skirt, a 99 baht shirt, an assortments of jewelry from Pratunam, while she carries a 50,000 baht LV bag and a 20,000 baht Motorola RZR V8. (this amount of money is waayyyy beyond their income / allowance).

- These wannabes will strut on the so-called imaginary catwalks of Paragon 's escalators and walkways.

There my friend, a true explanation on the Hi-so of Bangkok

Typical Hi-So behaviours:

- Hanging around at Paragon / Emporium

- Frequently attending Gala dinners and openings

- Have a driver / servant do all the work for you (i.e. Making your driver wait and sleep in the car for 8 hours while you stop at Chanel and drinking Latte at Greyhound.

- Thinks they are immune to the law and can get away by crying for their Papa and Mama.

- Clubbing at Thonglor Street while showing off your new BMW rims and your black Audi TT.

- Wears designer shades even though it's fking dark inside those night clubs.

Fat Old Hi-So women characteristics:

- The higher the hair (windshield), the more important you are.

- Wear an ugly silk custome that doesnt even compliment the body while wearing smashingly red lipsticks with puffed up face full of talcom powder.

- Being fat (the fatter you are, the more important. This shows that you have money.

- Loves talking down or complaining to regular people about their services.

Some notes: Sometimes there are hi-so wannabes, this can be easily spotted. For example:

- You can notice girls at Siam who takes the BTS skytrain that wears a 200 baht skirt, a 99 baht shirt, an assortments of jewelry from Pratunam, while she carries a 50,000 baht LV bag and a 20,000 baht Motorola RZR V8. (this amount of money is waayyyy beyond their income / allowance).

- These wannabes will strut on the so-called imaginary catwalks of Paragon 's escalators and walkways.

There my friend, a true explanation on the Hi-so of Bangkok

:o WOW, that is a real gem post.