Atora Suet

Hi Julie, is this what you are looking for?

Except for the Veg and meat, all the other things i get posted from the UK,

Hope the pic didnt make your mouth water too much!!

Cheers [sorry] Lickey..

post-41116-1212867672_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lickey

Unfortunately I don't believe Atora Suet is available here. I asked my local English butcher here (Hua Hin), and he said its not available. The only alternative is to try and find a butcher who will sell you beef kidneys still wrapped in the fat from the animal. Remove the fat and chop it into fine slices and use this instead.

Would love stew and dumplings and was wondering if it is available here.

I'm told that Friendship Supermarket used to stock suet a few years ago but they seemed to have now discontinued it. I have mine brought over from the UK.

Stew and Dumplings?

Check here

kidneys

post deleted. reason: who am i to criticise the taste of natives from an island located in the North Sea? :o

Can't you read? I said to use the fat surrounding the kideys, not the kidneys themselves. Anyway whats wrong with kidney's? If you wash off the piss then fry them gently with bacon, they're delicious. Good in other recipes too.

What planet are you from?

Would love stew and dumplings and was wondering if it is available here. I haven't seen it before but haven't really looked.

If not is there an alternative?

A few months ago at Rimping ..CM....they had Atora. I bought the last 2 packs at that time....but on checking out ...their price was very high...730 baht!!!....but is you want decent pastry and proper dumplings then its Atora you need.

Ive tried just about every other method for dumplings....a nessesity with Rabbit stew,but they just arnt the same without Atora.The nearest I got was to use Cresco as the fat,but not the right taste.