Noise Pollution

telaksslave

i thought i saw a while back that some noisy beer bars were fined because of the music it was pumping out, what is the situation then on that horrible whailing at unearthly times ie: 5 am in mosques, now im not going down the religion road, just the noise that is created by the mosques with the loudspeakers, how do thet get away with it,this is an intrusion into my privacy, can anything be done.

Before you moved to Thailand, were you one of those people who bought a thatched cottage in an olde English village then started a campaign to stop the 300 year old church bells ringing on Sunday mornings.

like most farangs here they leave there brains at the airport, your in that category, and by the way im from the cheapest 1 on the monopoly board old kent road bermondsey south east london and there is no thatched cottages there and plenty of noise, out of about 20 answers to my thread only 2 persons have come out with sensible and direct answers to the comments and the rest well walter mitty eat your heat out

Ok - here it is in simple terms.

Who was there first, you or the mosque.

My guess - the mosque.

You chose to live in Thailand. You chose to live near a mosque. What were you expecting - jellied eels, pie and liquor and 'Chas and Dave'.

haha very good chicken legs i like that, but ive lived here for nearly 7 years and the wrag heads built 1 up the road from me 2 years ago but im well pissed off they dont do jellied eels :o

Glad to hear you have a sense of humour Tel

Ok - the mosque moved in after you - I take back my original remarks.

I think you have more chance of getting the imam to eat a bacon sandwich with his left hand than you have of getting the police to take action. :D

Earplugs are your only solution.

........... 300 year old church bells ringing on Sunday mornings.

Ohh, I had almost forgotten about those dam_n bells back home.

lol

Wonder how many times I cursed those bells when they woke me up, and I had a bad hangover.

Talk about hells bells.

lol

The difference here between church bells an mosques is the timing, ive never heard church bells at 5am!!

........... 300 year old church bells ringing on Sunday mornings.

Ohh, I had almost forgotten about those dam_n bells back home.

lol

Wonder how many times I cursed those bells when they woke me up, and I had a bad hangover.

Talk about hells bells.

lol

The difference here between church bells an mosques is the timing, ive never heard church bells at 5am!!

I put in the "lol" to indicate humor here.

:o

But I still think that the church bells are louder.

Kind of harder to ignore.

Earplugs are critical equipment for farangs in Thailand. Carry a pair at all times. I even wear mine in Tesco to shut out the stupid promotions and music coming over the sound system.

In a bar, they are of course mandatory if you want to save your hearing and useful for explaining to some pest that you can't have a "conversation" because you can't hear anything. :o

I believe that there is some sort of rule whereby street parties and the like are supposed to finish the music by 01:00. This does seem to be generally observed in my locality.

However, this rule seems not to extend to Wats having Buddhist celebrations. A short while ago we had a Buddhist festival (Visaka Bucha?) that seemed to go on for about 5 days. There is a Wat about 1km from my house and they were starting the usual, very loud, very over-bassed, 'music' in the early afternoon and this would go on, non-stop, until the early hours, well past the 01:00 'cut-off'. Ear plugs don't work as the bass notes get in anyway. Little sleep for the five days - so glad when it all finished, until next time!

DM

... last year, I poisoned a bunch of roosters next door who started crowing at 3m. There are limits!

I hate roosters! I can tolerate any kind of noise except roosters. I hate roosters! Aaaargghh!

Isnt there a law in Miami regarding roosters? Tourists who pay for $300/night hotels

couldn't get a good night's sleep because of the damned roosters.

Bravo to you for killing those monsters!!!

i thought i saw a while back that some noisy beer bars were fined because of the music it was pumping out, what is the situation then on that horrible whailing at unearthly times ie: 5 am in mosques, now im not going down the religion road, just the noise that is created by the mosques with the loudspeakers, how do thet get away with it,this is an intrusion into my privacy, can anything be done.

Sure, you can move to another country, like Iceland perhaps. You bothered by noise in Thailand?? This is Asia - not the USA or UK where you can just call the police and they rush out to quell the disturbance. Noise is part of the fabric here - adjust to it, move, or have your ears surgically removed. Don't try to fight it - losing battle. I will admit, however, that last year, I poisoned a bunch of roosters next door who started crowing at 3m. There are limits!

just the response expected from a an idiot who poisoned someones chickens, its just a shame that the Thais didnt find out because you would be pushing up daisys , i know a farang who poisoned his neighbours dogs and he is with the daisys now, by your response, im surprised that you knew Thailand was in Asia :D

Does the punishment fit the crime? I mean really... :o

To answer the OP question. Your privacy is not an issue here in Thailand. Unless you are somebody or know somebody with "the juice", enjoy the noise while you can still hear. You may consider moving to a first world country where most laws are enforced uniformly. An alternative suggestion is to move into a high-rise above the 30th floor. Above 300 feet the noise from below is negligible. The downside would be problem neighbors who BBQ in the middle of their living room thinking they are still nomads in the desert. The imported camel chips reek!

Reading the "wrag head" comment from telaksslave makes me so mad. It sounds as though you, telaksslave, are a whinging <deleted>. Go home.

and sounds like ur a sheep sh@gger from new zealand. who cant win the world cup at rugby and thats the only sport ur half decent at toot toot toot, theres no need to use abusive language :o

Sure, you can move to another country, like Iceland perhaps. You bothered by noise in Thailand?? This is Asia - not the USA or UK where you can just call the police and they rush out to quell the disturbance. Noise is part of the fabric here - adjust to it, move, or have your ears surgically removed. Don't try to fight it - losing battle. I will admit, however, that last year, I poisoned a bunch of roosters next door who started crowing at 3m. There are limits!

just the response expected from a an idiot who poisoned someones chickens, its just a shame that the Thais didnt find out because you would be pushing up daisys , i know a farang who poisoned his neighbours dogs and he is with the daisys now, by your response, im surprised that you knew Thailand was in Asia :o

Never had an IQ test, have ya?

... last year, I poisoned a bunch of roosters next door who started crowing at 3m. There are limits!

I hate roosters! I can tolerate any kind of noise except roosters. I hate roosters! Aaaargghh!

Isnt there a law in Miami regarding roosters? Tourists who pay for $300/night hotels

Amen. brother! Why they were created in understandble.. why they have to crow like mad at 3am ain't!!

I've got a mosque about a mile and a half up the road and it use to bother me but after 12 years I dont even hear it anymore. I actually started to wonder if they still whale at 05:00. I had to get up early one day and yes they still do. I still hear the roosters but because of the bird flu a lot of the locals have gotten rid of them so tolerable now.

ive heard they can gobble so there not all bad :o

To answer the OP question. Your privacy is not an issue here in Thailand. Unless you are somebody or know somebody with "the juice", enjoy the noise while you can still hear. You may consider moving to a first world country where most laws are enforced uniformly. An alternative suggestion is to move into a high-rise above the 30th floor. Above 300 feet the noise from below is negligible. The downside would be problem neighbors who BBQ in the middle of their living room thinking they are still nomads in the desert. The imported camel chips reek!

yet another one whom cant grasp the thread, "well if u dont like it go home" well i am home u muppet :o