Noise Pollution

telaksslave

i thought i saw a while back that some noisy beer bars were fined because of the music it was pumping out, what is the situation then on that horrible whailing at unearthly times ie: 5 am in mosques, now im not going down the religion road, just the noise that is created by the mosques with the loudspeakers, how do thet get away with it,this is an intrusion into my privacy, can anything be done.

i thought i saw a while back that some noisy beer bars were fined because of the music it was pumping out, what is the situation then on that horrible whailing at unearthly times ie: 5 am in mosques, now im not going down the religion road, just the noise that is created by the mosques with the loudspeakers, how do thet get away with it,this is an intrusion into my privacy, can anything be done.

Sure, you can move to another country, like Iceland perhaps. You bothered by noise in Thailand?? This is Asia - not the USA or UK where you can just call the police and they rush out to quell the disturbance. Noise is part of the fabric here - adjust to it, move, or have your ears surgically removed. Don't try to fight it - losing battle. I will admit, however, that last year, I poisoned a bunch of roosters next door who started crowing at 3m. There are limits!

Mosques??? Are you in Thailand? What a disaster that would be, to move to Thailand only to have to listen to that. Thats almost a joke. If it's not a joke than I feel sorry for you. As for noise laws, well I don't think there are any. It all depends on who you are and if you have high powered relations or some such. Noise seems to be a way of like here. Its cultural you see, and you'll never understand.

Sure, you can move to another country, like Iceland perhaps. You bothered by noise in Thailand?? This is Asia - not the USA or UK where you can just call the police and they rush out to quell the disturbance. Noise is part of the fabric here - adjust to it, move, or have your ears surgically removed. Don't try to fight it - losing battle. I will admit, however, that last year, I poisoned a bunch of roosters next door who started crowing at 3m. There are limits!

just the response expected from a an idiot who poisoned someones chickens, its just a shame that the Thais didnt find out because you would be pushing up daisys , i know a farang who poisoned his neighbours dogs and he is with the daisys now, by your response, im surprised that you knew Thailand was in Asia :o

Mosques??? Are you in Thailand? What a disaster that would be, to move to Thailand only to have to listen to that. Thats almost a joke. If it's not a joke than I feel sorry for you. As for noise laws, well I don't think there are any. It all depends on who you are and if you have high powered relations or some such. Noise seems to be a way of like here. Its cultural you see, and you'll never understand.

you dont have to feel sorry for me, you obviously know very little about Thailand, its laws are generaly up to date and sensilble, its actually enforcing them thats the problem.

You have heard of South Thailand? I large segment of the population is Muslim there, hence some Mosques. The local Wats are also fond of placing loudspeakers in neighborhood areas to announce various matters of interest, etc. Local concert stages are also places to avoid locating near. The best is a house or condo/apt in a quiet area. Village locations? Forget it.

You have heard of South Thailand? I large segment of the population is Muslim there, hence some Mosques. The local Wats are also fond of placing loudspeakers in neighborhood areas to announce various matters of interest, etc. Local concert stages are also places to avoid locating near. The best is a house or condo/apt in a quiet area. Village locations? Forget it.

i agree with what your saying i know all about the south and the village loudspeakers and the wats but the wat and village speakers are only used on certain occasions in a mainly bhuddist country , perhaps i didnt make it clear enough when i started the thread, although i did state it, i was talking about the unsociable hours and invasion of privacy, i know many thais who do not like the moslim ranting on when they need there sleep to get up and do a hard days work at a time when most people are asleep, i really cant understand why anyone cant see that, a lot of farangs think the thais are stupid this thread confirms its the wrong way round looking at some of the responses,

You ever been to Blackburn and manhy other Towns and Cities in the Uk? Blackburn, in lancashire is DEAFENING with Wailing on a Saturday, when the shoppers are out on their weekly shops

Probably been working in Islamic countries for to long, but the call to prayer doesn't bother me, actually I don't hear it anymore.

The only "noise polution" that irritates me is the dueling karoke machines during Sonkran. For the sake of the kids, I check into the Thepnakorn Hotel in Buriram so that they can get some sleep.

[sure, you can move to another country, like Iceland perhaps. You bothered by noise in Thailand?? This is Asia - not the USA or UK where you can just call the police and they rush out to quell the disturbance. Noise is part of the fabric here - adjust to it, move, or have your ears surgically removed. Don't try to fight it - losing battle. I will admit, however, that last year, I poisoned a bunch of roosters next door who started crowing at 3m. There are limits!

just the response expected from a an idiot who poisoned someones chickens, its just a shame that the Thais didnt find out because you would be pushing up daisys , i know a farang who poisoned his neighbours dogs and he is with the daisys now, by your response, im surprised that you knew Thailand was in Asia :o

Just as I expected - a simpleton who wouldn't recognize a joke it it was floating in his soup. Pathetic. I've never posioned a thing in my life. Get a clue!

[sure, you can move to another country, like Iceland perhaps. You bothered by noise in Thailand?? This is Asia - not the USA or UK where you can just call the police and they rush out to quell the disturbance. Noise is part of the fabric here - adjust to it, move, or have your ears surgically removed. Don't try to fight it - losing battle. I will admit, however, that last year, I poisoned a bunch of roosters next door who started crowing at 3m. There are limits!

Just as I expected - a simpleton who wouldn't recognize a joke it it was floating in his soup. Pathetic. I've never posioned a thing in my life. Get a clue!

great joke where did you learn that, i bet ur a bundle of fun at a party. mm do they have partys at ceetanya

I re-read your post several times.

Was surprised to see someone actually posting that they committed a criminal act in the country.

Then, I still can not see, or find, the clue that tells me it was a joke.

great joke where did you learn that, i bet ur a bundle of fun at a party. mm do they have partys at ceetanya

Well, I could never match your wit. "mm do they have partys at ceetanya" Now that's funny!!! Ever do stand-up?

Was surprised to see someone actually posting that they committed a criminal act in the country.

Er... no sense of humor perhaps?? :o

Er... no sense of humor perhaps?? :o

how about just answering the question ur is that 2 much for your brain

:D In Thailand what laws there are for noise abatement are often ignored.

I used to live off Sukhumvit Road at Soi 36. Next to Sukhumvit road, it was very noisy. Say 100 meters down the Soi, it was quiet. Birds sang, and there was no noise/smog. Less than 200 meters away from noisey/smog filled/traffic congested Sukhumvit road at peak rush hour.

Leson to be learned...even in Bangkok, there are places where it is quiet and peaceful. Move there if you can. They are there to be found.

:o

Ooops, lets extinguish the torches (flaming), shall we, and continue with the subject.

:o

Seems to me that execive noise is never any problems for most Thais.

When I go out with my friends, which is usually to a Thai place, the volume from the DJ or the band is always very high.

Sometimes ear splitting.

Same with the various vendors that passes outside the building every morning, broadcasting on a loud speaker what they have to sell.

And then we have the various Wats, which also broadcast various events.

Based upon this, I have always made sure I never rented any places near the various Wats (or Mosques) or restaurants/bars/discos.

I lived for awhile in the back part (moo Baan) that had a resort in front .. down on the beach in Ban Krut. One day a whole mob of scouts showed up for some kind of local jamboree. Girl scouts, boy scouts, green uniforma, khaki, blue .. kids all over the place in big tents.

It seemed like a good opportunity to practice my limited Thai so I went out and started talking to the scouts. Within 10 minutes I had about 100 standing around me. They were really nice kids .. asked some of the more intelligent questions I had ever heard from Thais.

Next morning about 05:00 a terrible racket woke me up. The leaders had turned on a monster sound system and were blasting rock music so loud the bass was rattling my windows.

Awake at 05:00 I am seldom happy .. and my expression conveyed that.

I yelled at the guy, "Turn that dam_n thing OFF!" The rest of the day was ever so quiet.

Before you moved to Thailand, were you one of those people who bought a thatched cottage in an olde English village then started a campaign to stop the 300 year old church bells ringing on Sunday mornings.

........... 300 year old church bells ringing on Sunday mornings.

Ohh, I had almost forgotten about those dam_n bells back home.

lol

Wonder how many times I cursed those bells when they woke me up, and I had a bad hangover.

Talk about hells bells.

lol

What a funny old planet we live on.

As a kid, my neighbourhood was fun - we all played hockey on the street, walked to primary school every day and even came home for lunch. My neighbours had patio lanterns where I kissed (what's her name) for the first time. Now it's all chinese families, none of which have any small kids and the primary school, my primary school, is now closed.

I guess that's life - but is it Globalization? And if it is, how exactly did my family benefit from this? Cheaper consumer products? Spent savings? Off-topic I know..

Before you moved to Thailand, were you one of those people who bought a thatched cottage in an olde English village then started a campaign to stop the 300 year old church bells ringing on Sunday mornings.

like most farangs here they leave there brains at the airport, your in that category, and by the way im from the cheapest 1 on the monopoly board old kent road bermondsey south east london and there is no thatched cottages there and plenty of noise, out of about 20 answers to my thread only 2 persons have come out with sensible and direct answers to the comments and the rest well walter mitty eat your heat out

like most farangs here they leave there brains at the airport, your in that category, and by the way im from the cheapest 1 on the monopoly board old kent road bermondsey south east london and there is no thatched cottages there and plenty of noise, out of about 20 answers to my thread only 2 persons have come out with sensible and direct answers to the comments and the rest well walter mitty eat your heat out

Ok - here it is in simple terms.

Who was there first, you or the mosque.

My guess - the mosque.

You chose to live in Thailand. You chose to live near a mosque. What were you expecting - jellied eels, pie and liquor and 'Chas and Dave'.

Ok - here it is in simple terms.

Who was there first, you or the mosque.

My guess - the mosque.

You chose to live in Thailand. You chose to live near a mosque. What were you expecting - jellied eels, pie and liquor and 'Chas and Dave'.

haha very good chicken legs i like that, but ive lived here for nearly 7 years and the wrag heads built 1 up the road from me 2 years ago but im well pissed off they dont do jellied eels :o