Excellant Spanish Food

kurgen

Any one who like Spanish food should try Valencia Restaurant on Threpasit Road.

I went there last night and everything was great, from start to finish. In fact it was so good that I am having trouble not speaking Spanish, so apologies if the Englishio is not perfecto.

The restaurant is air conned and the Spanish owner/chef Vincent is a great hostio. All his Thai family help out and it's just perfectio for an evening outio.

A lot of the food has to be ordered 24 hrs in advancio but we had platio after platio of excellent foodio without orderingio in advancio.

It's located a couple of doors up from Wood R Us, opposite the 7-11.

3 bottles of Vino, several coffees and a banquet for 20 people between 4 of us came to only 5,200 baht, not pesetas :D , which is unbelievable valueio, IMO.

And no, I don't have shares in the place :o

Any one who like Spanish food should try Valencia Restaurant on Threpasit Road.

I went there last night and everything was great, from start to finish. In fact it was so good that I am having trouble not speaking Spanish, so apologies if the Englishio is not perfecto.

The restaurant is air conned and the Spanish owner/chef Vincent is a great hostio. All his Thai family help out and it's just perfectio for an evening outio.

A lot of the food has to be ordered 24 hrs in advancio but we had platio after platio of excellent foodio without orderingio in advancio.

It's located a couple of doors up from Wood R Us, opposite the 7-11.

3 bottles of Vino, several coffees and a banquet for 20 people between 4 of us came to only 5,200 baht, not pesetas :D , which is unbelievable valueio, IMO.

And no, I don't have shares in the place :o

yes very good for an authentic paella and sangria been going there for a few years now and hes quite a character, ask to see his bullet wounds from when he was a diamond runner in london, great stories from him

I went there a few months ago. I've never been to Spain and have never had Spanish food before so thought I'd give it a try as I like other Medditeranean countries foods.

It was awful, I would never go again and if that's what they serve up in Spain I'll stick to McDonalds if I ever go there. It was expensive too, 300 baht per person for paella.

Do have a friend of a friend who's Spanish though and he reckons the food is great. So what do I know?

Edit: Corrected spelling of piella.

Edited by PattayaParent

300 B per serve for paella isn't so bad if it is good paella. Good Paella demands fresh seafood, probably imported rice and olive oil, imported sausage, and real saffron. I suppose they don't do single serve paella, eh?

Edited by Jingthing

I went there a few months ago. I've never been to Spain and have never had Spanish food before so thought I'd give it a try as I like other Medditeranean countries foods.

It was awful, I would never go again and if that's what they serve up in Spain I'll stick to McDonalds if I ever go there. It was expensive too, 300 baht per person for paella.

Do have a friend of a friend who's Spanish though and he reckons the food is great. So what do I know?

if your taste buds prefere mcdonalds ur a real mcnugget :o

I went past the restuarant last night and all I can say is I hope the food is better than the exterior. I know you can't judge a book by its cover and will try it one day and give the benefit of the doubt. Do they have a good selection of Tapas too?

if your taste buds prefere mcdonalds ur a real mcnugget :o

Translation for the children:

Pattayaparent thinks that the Spanish food at Valencia Restaurant is worthless crap and that even McDonalds is better and cheaper, however, that doesn't mean that McDonalds is anything but a fast, convenient place to eat reasonably priced Western snacks. No one is claiming that it is a 3 Star Michelin restaurant. :D

300 B per serve for paella isn't so bad if it is good paella. Good Paella demands fresh seafood, probably imported rice and olive oil, imported sausage, and real saffron. I suppose they don't do single serve paella, eh?

I have been to this place and it is GOOD, however the service is slow as he cooks everything to order (but worth it). Just scof a bit more wine. I am not into Piella but my Thai wife who has tasted it in Spain rates it and yes he made one just for her.

No my taste buds don't prefer McDonald's but my point was that if what I ate is indicative of Spanish food that I would get in Spain, then I would rather eat McDonald's.

Come to think of it, you rarely hear anyone talk about how good the food is in Spain. And you never hear of anyone traveling to Spain FOR the food!

I lived in Spain for a couple of years and do like Spanish food. I haven't tried the paella as I much prefer a good selection of tapas. I stick to my original post that the food and ambiance were great and I'll be going back soon.

As someone mentioned it doesn't look (and isn't) a flash place but it well priced for excellent food :o

• 2 months later...

I've still not been to Spain but having tried Tapas in Shanghai and loving it I thought I'd give La Plancha a try tonight.

Unfortunately no Tapas as the owner only does it during high season (starts from next month).

So I braved the paella and the missus tried the fillet beef.

Both dishes were delicious.

The paella was much better than at Valencia, and the decor was much nicer too, I'll defintiely be back for the tapas, and even the paella.

• 11 years later...