Retirement Visa Requirements Based On Monthly Revenue

Hi

If one wants to extend a retirement visa based on a monthly revenue rather than the lump sum of 800,000 Baht, what is the procedure and what do they require .....? I am Canadian .... Is it the same for all nationalities....? Can my Consulate help in this matter ...?Any Canadians out there doing the retirement visa based on monthly income rather than lumps sum...? It is very strenuous to get this lump sum together every year ,,.... :D:o

The Immigration requirement is 65k per month income/pension and they require a letter from your Consulate providing the level. Your Consulate should have a system in place so you need to contact them as to what is required. Once letter is issued you present that to Immigration. Normally that is all that is required (other than normal visa/passport copies) but they could ask to see supporting paperwork so always good to have some with you (tax returns or whatever you used at Consulate).

If your pension falls short you can combine with a bank deposit to equal 800k.

Hi

If one wants to extend a retirement visa based on a monthly revenue rather than the lump sum of 800,000 Baht, what is the procedure and what do they require .....? I am Canadian .... Is it the same for all nationalities....? Can my Consulate help in this matter ...?Any Canadians out there doing the retirement visa based on monthly income rather than lumps sum...? It is very strenuous to get this lump sum together every year ,,.... :D:o

2 months ago I went to the immigration at Jomtien to get an adres certificate for my insurance company and i asked some info about this.

The lady who gave me the certificate said that the law had changed and that the Lumpsum was not acceptable anymore.

The only thing that was acceptable was a statement from your embassy that your monthly income was more then 65000 baht for a single and 45000 for a man married to a Thai citizen.

I have not heard this anywhere else and found it a bit strange because if this were true I think there would have been an uproar of comments because I think there are al ot of retirees who cannot proof their income but have more than enough money to deposit a lumpsum.

And what was even more alarming for me was that I was told I could not get an extension of my visa because I work outside the country on a 6-6 weekly schedule.

As I am often out of the country I should get my visa from abroad.

Because i work on a ship this is a real problem for me there are no embassy's or consulates on board of ships so this means once a year I need to stay abraod somewhere during my holliday long enough to apply for a non-O visa.

Anyone else here working abroad living in Thailand with the same problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all for comments, suggestions and advice...will contact the Canadian Consulate for sure.....as for Jomtien Immigration they definitely have it all wrong or else many of us would have heard of this from the lawyers we work through or even on thai Visa itself....As for having to leave the country to renew ....that is also not true.....I travel out of Thailand almost every 6 weeks for 10 days and could still renew my retirement visa here .....