Stat Dec Oz Embassy Bkk

I'm wondering what I have to take to Australian embassy Bkk, to get the stat dec they want in order to marry my thai girlfriend. Im thinking its just a stat dec to say im not married at present.

Any Ozzies, can help??

I know I can call them, but just want to hear any other info before we go Bkk.

Thanks.

This is recent information that I posted in this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...58871&st=25

The Oz embassy accepts Thai Baht cash only as payment for the Stat Declaration.

For the stat dec you need to know your wife’s full name, Passport/I.D. number and date of birth.

For the Umphur, ensure you have at least 2 copies of both sides of the Thai ID card and any pages of the house card with entries on them, along with copies of the photo page of your passport. They didn’t require photo copies of the entry card or visa page.

At Umphur Bangrak there is a shop a couple of doors down the street with photocopy facilities. No witnesses are needed and the 2 Australian referee details from the stat dec can be used when filling out the marriage paperwork.

They also ask your wife to make 4 photo copies of the marriage paperwork which they then officially stamp so you can use for visas etc at a later date. They also provide a stamped copy of the stat dec and translation. The original stat dec and translation are kept by the Umphur.

They also provide a nice red or blue folder with your marriage certificates and happily take photos, free of charge, of the happy couple, so take your camera with you. They have a nice area set up with a trishaw and flowers for the photos.

If you get there early enough the stat dec will take maybe an hour to do. Once inside go up the stairs, there’s a sign telling you what office you need.

You take a ticket as you enter, they will call you and give you a stat dec form to fill in. There’s a guide on the notice board to follow.

Use 2 people you know in Oz as referees. You’ll need know their addresses too I think.

Once the form is filled, take another number and wait to be called. They will take the money and stamp the stat dec and that’s you done.

No appointment needed.

Just show up at the embassy, remember no bags or backpacks large or small allowed inside. They can be left at the gatehouse.

You can take in documents in a folder. Mobile phones need to be left at the security counter as you enter the building.

I forgot to add, you will need that stat dec translated. The closest but maybe not the cheapest option is a translation agency near the embassy.

Go to your left as you leave the embassy. Turn left into a side road at the first petrol station (maybe 100 metres from the embassy). 50 metres or so down that side road on your right is a translation office that offers fast or standard (next day) translation services.

Edited by Farma

What you need is the document translated and registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). Without doing that you do not register marriage. So original and copies are needed and at MFA they will stamp with a registration number and return original and keep copy on file. District office will call MFA to confirm document if they have any doubts. Often the translation service can take care of this for you at an extra fee.

Yes the MFA experience can take some time. The MFA office is at Laksi.

As you enter the MFA building at Laksi to your front and slightly to the left is a set of stairs that goes up one floor to the area where the stat dec and translation is registered.

Once up the stairs go to the help desk. Show them the stat dec and translation. They will give you a form to fill in. They’ll hand you a queue number. Once your number is called, you hand in the documents and pay the fee. They will give you a receipt and tell you what time to check for your documents.

The collection counter is the one on the right, no queue number is required. Just show that counter your receipt at the time they told you to collect your registered documents.

It can take anywhere from an hour or until the next day depending on your choice of express or standard processing fee and how busy they are before the documents are ready for collection.

If you attend the Oz embassy at 8 AM or 8:30 for the stat dec, then straight to a translation office and pay for on the spot translation, then a taxi to MFA Laksi, then pay for express MFA registration it’s possible to have the whole process complete in one day.

This whole process is possible on your own but may be easier to take your girlfriend with you to MFA as translator if you’re unfamiliar with the language.

Laksi Plaza is closeby on the same road as MFA and somewhere to spend the document registration waiting time rather than sit on the hard plastic seating in the MFA.

From my depleted memory, when I did my stat dec before I got married, at the OZ embassy the form stating your marital status was written in 2 languages! (English and Thai)  I just filled in the blanks!  That was about 10 years ago and since I am now retired (over 50) and being supported by a Thai child, my memory could be faulty as other parts of me are.

Bad as ever banker