Sombat Bigley - Life Goes On

bograt

2534361625.jpg

Sombat Bigley, 35, said her "loving, caring" husband had gone to Iraq to help the Iraqi people

No words can express the agony I feel for the loss of my husband Ken

My husband is a good person. He’s the only one who feeds my family, she said

without him I have no one to look after me,' Sombat said.

I'm sure you, as I do have great sympathy for Sombat following the untimely loss of her husband.

Bigley, 62, met his wife, who worked in a bakery shop, while on holiday from his job in Dubai. They exchanged letters for a year before Bigley returned to Thailand and proposed.

After his work was completed in Iraq, he was due to retire with his wife to the village of Sorathavorn in Thailand’s northeast where a new villa had just been built for them and where they planned to grow mangoes.

Does anyone know what has become of Sombat? Has she become a Buddhist nun since the loss of dear Ken? Has she gone back to work in the bakery?

Would the membership of ThaiVisa like to donate to a collection on behalf of Sombat during her time of need? We are a very rich board in comparison with your average Thai, so could you spare a little cash this Christmas?

_40160330_bigleywife_203.jpg

And answer came there none......

For my part. No.

I'm not loaded and Mrs Bigley has a Mango farm which can provide her an income. She is not destitute.

The hideous nature of her husbands death is a nightmare she has no choice but to suffer.

Tossing a coin or two into a Charity box is a cop out. However If I met Mrs Bigley and she needed a hand picking her Mango crop I'd be happy to help.

Grief and mourning deserve some dignity and respect. From my limited experience Thai culture respects and values a man/ elder/ big Brother who cares for the family.

Ken Bigley clearly held this position and snide remarks as to his wifes attempts to illustrate his value to their community are despicable. She spoke in a language which is not her native tongue, under hideous duress whilst sick with fear and exhaustion.

So let me ask you this.

Shut up!