Good Shop To Sell My Pc And Monitor?

edwardandtubs

I don't want the hassle of putting up a classified ad so I wonder if anyone has recommendations for where I can sell my PC and monitor. Do the shops in TukCom buy used PCs? Or would I be better off going to Cash Converters? Will I get totally screwed on the price?

I don't want the hassle of putting up a classified ad so I wonder if anyone has recommendations for where I can sell my PC and monitor. Do the shops in TukCom buy used PCs? Or would I be better off going to Cash Converters? Will I get totally screwed on the price?

At Cash Converters you will not get the price you hoped, ther are places in Tukcom that sell used equipment, not sure if they buy "over the counter" or use other sources.

At Cash Converters you will not get the price you hoped, ther are places in Tukcom that sell used equipment, not sure if they buy "over the counter" or use other sources.

put a free ad in foodland and carrefour, thats ok

You will be "screwed" in either place.

Give it to a local school - you'll not mis the small change that you'd receive if you sold it, but you'll feel good and gain merit.

That's a great idea. I usually give my old beasties away when I upgrade. The last couple went to friends of mine that had kids.

As Mobi if they need one for the Mercy Mission.

Just make sure you (thouroughly) erase everything on the system first (in fact, it would be a good idea to reformat the hard drive and reload the base operating system, then donate it).

I friend of mine bought a 2nd hand computer once, mostly for her daughter to use. SHe called me over because she couldn't get this cheapy little kids game to work.

I checked it out and found the hard drive was absolutey filled (less than a mb of free space). Started digging and found that it had belonged to the owner of a large restaurant in Kamloops, and still had all of his personal files (including financial records, credit card numbers and info, banking info), and all of his employee files as well.

Fortunately my friend knew nothing about computers (and apparently the shop that sold it to her didn't either). The guy had brought it in to get a problem fixed and they convinced him to buy a newer, better model. Then they fixed the problem (video card I think) and sold it to my friend without checking the hard drive.

I wiped everything out and reloaded the OS (and her kids game) and it worked fine. Always thought I should have gone to that restaurant and gotten a free meal from the owner. If someone else had of gotten ahold of all that info (not a shred of which was password protected in any way), they could have done some serious damage (financially) to that guy.

These days there is so much information stored in weird little places, you never know what someone will be able to find.