Fiancee Visa Us Question

My gf and I are toward to end, I hope, of getting her Fiancee Visa for America. She sent in Packet 3 requirements two weeks ago. She has not yet heard from the US Embassy regarding her interview. How long does it take before she should get interview date ? Thanks for any help...

Any information on the timing it takes to get an interview date after packet 3 info has been sent in to the US embassy would be helpful in understanding the process. Another question, can my fiancee get a one way ticket to America or does it need to be round trip ? We have already been together for 10 years so I am 99 % sure we will be getting married and living happy ever after.... Thanks for any help.

Any information on the timing it takes to get an interview date after packet 3 info has been sent in to the US embassy would be helpful in understanding the process. Another question, can my fiancee get a one way ticket to America or does it need to be round trip ? We have already been together for 10 years so I am 99 % sure we will be getting married and living happy ever after.... Thanks for any help.

I didn't check the varius links in this url but there might be some good info on your Q.  I'd also think a oneway ticket would be fine as the presumption for issuance of the visa is that the fiancee is going to be married within 90 days after arrival in the U.S.  If not married w/in this period, would then need to get another oneway ticket.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_vis...structions.html

Mac

Thanks Mac,

I took a look at past Visa information but did not find anything to address my question. I am just worried that perhaps they did not receive or something was missing and they are waiting on me. It has been a long time since my Fiancee and I have been together and I don't want any unnecessary delays. Any help on how long it takes to get interview after Packet 3 info has been sent to US Embassy would be of great help. Thanks....

We just did it in April and it was about 5 weeks before we got the interview date. There is no packet 4. You can go to the embassy website and watch for the interview date to show up but they will notify you also by mail.

Thanks for the reply Schooner. After waiting 5 weeks how much longer before the interview ? I know it is difficult to tell but I am trying to get an idea on the approx. time it will take before she is ready to come to the USA. I have some business trips coming up and I need to plan.

hey man good luck.i was notified in feb. and her interview was scheduled for may 28th.it went ok and i am going to get her sometime in july.i used brian wright as the immigration lawyer.one thing he stressed was to get a round trip ticket as she will not feel trapped.everybody needs to have a way out.up to you thou...checkout

Congratulations for making it this far. Be patient, it will happen in good time. My G/F sent her packet 3 in on January 21st. In February they did not conduct any interviews but her appointment was April 8th. She said that the interview was pretty easy and only asked her a few questions but we had all the bases covered and she is now here with me. They say to not buy any non refundable plane tickets until after she is granted the VISA and it took only a few days to get it. Once she gets the VISA, she will have 6 months to come to America and then you have 90 days. You have plenty of time but the 90 days goes fast. Good luck and congratulations! :o

Got the interview date yesterday, Great news ! Date has been set for July 17th. It took a little under a month to get interview date from the time packet 3 was sent in. I believe all should be in order now. Thanks to all of you for your information. Hopefully all will go well and my sweetheart will be by my side soon.

I hope this information will help others who are going through this process. This will be my last reply on this post. Thanks again ....

Got the interview date yesterday, Great news ! Date has been set for July 17th. It took a little under a month to get interview date from the time packet 3 was sent in. I believe all should be in order now. Thanks to all of you for your information. Hopefully all will go well and my sweetheart will be by my side soon.

I hope this information will help others who are going through this process. This will be my last reply on this post. Thanks again ....

Hey, now, don't make it the "last reply," we'd like to hear about the success o/a 18 July.

Mac

Hey, now, don't make it the "last reply," we'd like to hear about the success o/a 18 July.

Mac

Ok Mac, I will let the fine people on TV know the final outcome.

A little background info. My gf and I have been together for ten years so this is truly a big event in our lives. I am not sure what we would do if she could not come to the USA. I am still of working age and money started getting tight while living in Thailand ( 13 years ) so basically had to return to the USA. Hopefully all will go well at the interview and she will be heading to America to live happy ever after.... She is a good girl, college educ., sweet, caring, everything you want in a wife. She stayed with me even when money got tight, must be love ! :D:o

Just arrived here in the US with my Fiancee 3 weeks ago. I purchased a one way ticket for her on Thai Airways (38,000 Baht); premium economy. I heard prices are going up by $300 or so. I would buy now. Cost $100 to get a full refund.

I don't know if you plan on being at the interview with her...but I highly recomend it!!!! She stood at the window fielding questions for ten minutes or so on how and when we met. Then they called for me up to ask about the Afidavit of Support. Five minutes later they approved the Visa. I think they really like to see the Petitioner there at the interview.

Good luck.

As a by-the-way, I hope you're in an area that has a lot of Thai food. My Fiancee is very reluctant to eat anything other than Thai food. It's been a real pain in the $%# to get her to try different foods. So far, Italian and a good steak has been a success :o