Holding Non O Visa

I'm married to thai citizen and as a reasult holding non O visa. can i work freely or i still have to apply for a workpermit?

(planing to work as a buyer for a trade company that exports food products to europe)

Every foreigner in Thailand has to get a work permit if they want to work. And your visa allows you to work and get a work permit, yes.

Even foreigners with Thai residency have to get a work permit.

Edited by Jimjim

That answer is right but could be misleading to someone without work permit knowledge - the visa does not allow him to work (or not work) - it only allows a work permit to be issued - the work permit allows the work.

That answer is right but could be misleading to someone without work permit knowledge - the visa does not allow him to work (or not work) - it only allows a work permit to be issued - the work permit allows the work.

At this time in Bangkok you can apply for a work permit with almost any type of visa or extension of stay including one based on retirement.... with only two exemptions. Those two visas are Tourist visa and education visa are not allowed to apply for the work permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com