Non B Visa - Can You Clarify?

I have searched the net and searched this forum and have found conflicting reports.

I wish to obtain a Non B visa. I don't want a work permit. I have read that the company "inviting" you for employment needs to show 2 million in capital, but I have also seen it not mentioned in the requirements. I know you need 2 mil per work permit but I am only looking to get the visa.

Can anyone help? Is this a new requirement? I plan on going to Vientiane to see if they will give me one but need clarity on this one point.

Also, should I apply for a 60 day tourist visa there before I apply for the non B just in case I don't get it?

Thanks in advance.

if you have a chance to go to your home country, and that home country is located in Europe, there is a good chance, that you will be able to obtain a multiple-non-Immi-B from a CONSULAR office (NOT from the embassy) with just a recommendation letter from a registered Thai company (any "consulting-company" that deals with foreigners or is even run by foreigners can do that for you for approx. 7.000 - 12.000 Baht (still a lot of money for a few pages of printing and signing a few papers). one of those consulting-companies is even a TV-Sponsor

i just had a phone call today to the consulate of my country, they do give non-B multiple entries valid for a year as long as the paperwork is ok including the copy of the work permit and i have the guarantee it'll be issued. no stress anymore with those visa to get outside of thailand.

i can apply by mail also and a third person can go and pick up my passeport.