Tainted Windows

I have had my windows tainted like 2 days back now my wife picked up the car and they advised her not to rol the windows down or the use the window wipers for 2 weeks??

Now from the windows going not going down ok but they cant be serious I cant drive in the rain now for 2 weeks?? It is raining now?

So is this just an advise or is this death serious would it destroy the film they pull using my window wipers??

it will be ok to use after 2 weeks, dont worry,

the only thing to worry about is night time driving, with crazy bikes with no lights!!, i have nearly had a few crashes as i have not seen them coming

I presume you mean tinted and not tainted! The first part is correct, you cannot roll windows down for two weeks, the second part is a new one on me! I have always used the wipers as the tint is on the inside of the window!!

I have had my windows tainted like 2 days back now my wife picked up the car and they advised her not to rol the windows down or the use the window wipers for 2 weeks??

it's also advisable not to use the brakes or blow the horn :o

TINTING is installed on the inner side of the vehicle glass, it takes 24hrs to cure max 48 if you are anal about it, 2 weeks is an over kill. As to the wipers, again, its on the inner side of the glass, wipers will do nothing to it. If they fitted the tint to the outside, you got ripped off, if you are lucky you'll get a few months out of it.

Oz

TINTING is installed on the inner side of the vehicle glass, it takes 24hrs to cure max 48 if you are anal about it, 2 weeks is an over kill. As to the wipers, again, its on the inner side of the glass, wipers will do nothing to it. If they fitted the tint to the outside, you got ripped off, if you are lucky you'll get a few months out of it.

what if the wipers are fitted inside? that sure hurts the tinting!

:o:D

Naam for Prime Minister, Please !!!

Maybe the OP has a leaky roof and it also rains inside.

Not to worry though use Duck bathroom cleaner to clean off the taint :o

let's samurais... ahmmm... i mean summarize:

tainted windows can be very taintalizing if the windshield wipers are fitted inside, or the taint is fitted on the outside of the windshield where windshield wipers normally wipe the glass. in rare cases (e.g. leaky roofs) the application of Duck bathroom cleaner is mandatory to clean the taint.

did i forget something? :o

or the use the window wipers for 2 weeks??
:D:o

It a mixed translation....... Do not wipe the windows for 2 weeks..... 'Window wipers' is a cloth to wipe/clean your windows, do not use these wipers for 2 weeks

What are peoples experiences with window tinting on the inside of the windscreen?

I’ve seen some shoddy attempts that distort vision, make it harder to see at night, and cause the windscreen to fog up easily. On one car I couldn’t see the road at night even on high beam. I stopped the car and pealed the film off the windscreen.

Another pet peeve is the reflective tinting on the driver’s window that prevents a clear view of the mirrors.

I now make sure tinting is done using quality films and only on the side and rear windows.

Another pet peeve is the reflective tinting on the driver’s window that prevents a clear view of the mirrors.

ERR ? the reflective is facing the outside, so you see out fine, I have on present car and prevous car 40% silver reflective on all windows, 100% NO problems I have a clear view seeing at night and the mirrors...

The idea of reflective is to bounce the sunlight back = inside is cooler

Errr if that film is dark or shiny enough it blocks a clear view of the mirrors. You may notice some cars having a ¼ window or circular area clear of film. A lot don't.

Yes have noticed this on some cars and trucks with 60%, also that the windscreen on tinted 60% is often the top 1/3 of the screen, so guese it must be to dark

I thought there was a Law about how dark the tint can be on the windscreen? front side windows? My car is 40% + Silver Reflective all windows. what is the point in have 3/4 clear windscreen and holes on the side windows.

My house I have all the windows that get the afternoon sun [front and one side] in 60% black reflective, the back and other side I have in 40% black reflective.... Yes there is a big difference between the 40% and the 60% + a difference between the Silver 40% on my car and the 40% Black on the house