Mobile Internet/phone

raybona

Hi, i wonder how this works over there.

Here in Goa i bought a prepaid sim for 70 B. + 270 B. one month validity,including 200B. talktime. Means that every month i have to recharge with 270B. Local cals are 1,5B./min., and international = 6B./min.

And there ?

Also for my laptop to be realy mobile we have these internet datacards (wireless modem PCMCIA-TYPE-II). You just slide it in your laptop and have internet (not broadband, but stil faster then dial-up, 256Kb/s), all over India, in the car,train, or you name it !

Cost of the card (i have Reliance) = 2200B. and i took the 500B./month scheme, enough to download 1Gb./month.

And there (again)?

Thanks,

Ray

Thanks Bill97,

Looking at the complexity of your answer, you must be 97 !!

Yes Ray, you are only a few years off. And given your numerous questions to the forum, I am wondering, so please enlighten us and tell us your age.

How does it work here? Nobody really knows for sure from day to day but most folks here are happy when it does and a lot are happy even when it doesn't.

"Are there?" what?

Hi Bill,

To your first question, i'm 55 (or getting this month).

Then on the end, i think you've misread, i did'nt ask are there? but AND there? Big difference !

And all the different questions we've asked, i've lived nearly all over the world, and we never moved to a place (which we've never visited before), without al the possible info, in order to get as little surprises as possible. A thousand more questions will come, and i have my reasons for it !

Hope this will satisfy you, because, is'nt this what a forum is al about?

Greetings,

Ray

Ray. Can I suggest that you ask internet questions on the Internet forum, driving questions on the Motor Forum Etc...

You will get a better response than you are getting here.

Good luck with your plans.

I see it has been moved to the appropriate forum.

Edited by Lite Beer

Hi, i wonder how this works over there.

Here in Goa i bought a prepaid sim for 70 B. + 270 B. one month validity,including 200B. talktime. Means that every month i have to recharge with 270B. Local cals are 1,5B./min., and international = 6B./min.

And there ?

Also for my laptop to be realy mobile we have these internet datacards (wireless modem PCMCIA-TYPE-II). You just slide it in your laptop and have internet (not broadband, but stil faster then dial-up, 256Kb/s), all over India, in the car,train, or you name it !

Cost of the card (i have Reliance) = 2200B. and i took the 500B./month scheme, enough to download 1Gb./month.

And there (again)?

Thanks,

Ray

GSM EDGE/GPRS and CDMA EVDO services are available here