Help Needed New Year In Koh Samui

hi all

we will be spending new year in koh samui can any one please tell us where will be the best place to see the new year in,what part of the island and which beach will be best to see all the action

many thanks

Chaweng it is for the action ......all depends what you are looking for.....

hi all

we will be spending new year in koh samui can any one please tell us where will be the best place to see the new year in,what part of the island and which beach will be best to see all the action

many thanks

Chaweng it is for the action ......all depends what you are looking for.....

Total agreement. Chaweng has many places with much fireworks. For the romantic new year eve dinner with the missus i would reccomend poo chaweng restaurant in the mountain (thaifood) with a fantastic view of all the islands fireworks. If it is you having the single man kind of fun night i could say for instans reggae pub, they always put up alot of fireworks and it is a fun area to be single in, :o .

I normally see in the new year from Chaweng beach next to the Ark bar but last year we thought it would be different to see the fireworks from the top of the hills so we booked a dinner at the Art Palace. Well it was a very nice dinner and a nice place but midnight was such a disappointment. To be sure you can see all the fireworks along the whole beach and across half the island but atmosphere....NONE. There is nothing like being amongst it all, with the noise and bustle of the crowds and even the disco music blaring out. Every where you turn people sending those hot air balloons up into the sky, it all adds up to a great experience and I would advise anyone to see the new year in from the beach at Chaweng.

HL :o