Best Hotels For Kids

Bredbury Blue

My 5 year old loves the Hard Rock in Pattaya. They have lots of activities for kids, a great pool with sand and slide and inflatble bouncy castle. They have a childs room where the can stay out of the heat and do colouring, clay modelling etc. Also at night thye often have scheduled kids activities, quizzes, games etc.

Thanks for the input so far.

Hard Rock is on the list of places to try.

Dolphin Bay, know it well (owner Gary, started in a little B&B in HH some years back) - only problem with DB is its a bit remote, i.e. not really much around it in the way of restaurants so you end up having to eat in DB pretty much all the time.

We used to go to Botany in Pattaya which was good value (nothing especially for kids though - the wide edge of the pool is ankle deep so right for small tots) but i tired of the awful breakfast and its now over run by Russian tourists.

Other place we used to go, when it was managed by Accor, was Garden Cliff Resort (Pattaya). Nice hotel, good rooms, newish, excellent pool, on the beach (though on a cliff but decent steps down), kids room is good.

Tried the Marriot Pattaya but felt like i was living in the shopping mall it's that busy! The rooms are average, kids room is PATHETIC, only saving grace is its easy to go buy food for the kids, etc.

Recently we've been going to Sofitel HH, fantastic hotel, 4 pools, on the beach, easy access to town, kids club is kind of ok. Love this hotel.

We've been to Sofitel a lot recent years so we're looking for something new to go.

Thanks for the input so far.

Hard Rock is on the list of places to try.

Dolphin Bay, know it well (owner Gary, started in a little B&B in HH some years back) - only problem with DB is its a bit remote, i.e. not really much around it in the way of restaurants so you end up having to eat in DB pretty much all the time.

We used to go to Botany in Pattaya which was good value (nothing especially for kids though - the wide edge of the pool is ankle deep so right for small tots) but i tired of the awful breakfast and its now over run by Russian tourists.

Other place we used to go, when it was managed by Accor, was Garden Cliff Resort (Pattaya). Nice hotel, good rooms, newish, excellent pool, on the beach (though on a cliff but decent steps down), kids room is good.

Tried the Marriot Pattaya but felt like i was living in the shopping mall it's that busy! The rooms are average, kids room is PATHETIC, only saving grace is its easy to go buy food for the kids, etc.

Recently we've been going to Sofitel HH, fantastic hotel, 4 pools, on the beach, easy access to town, kids club is kind of ok. Love this hotel.

We've been to Sofitel a lot recent years so we're looking for something new to go.

ok, bit more remote, but we loved it: The Sofitel Chumpon.

About 2 hours further on from HH- so you need to go there for 4 -5 days to make the trip worthwhile. Decent kids room (for under 3's), two pools and a decent restuarant. Up the road there are seafood restuarants at the beach. Golf course for the parents as part of the hotel. Day trips to Koh Tao.

Cabbages and condoms all the way. Lovely little resort and you wouldn't even know you were in Sin city

I look on the web at C&C, looks nice but the pictures of the rooms make them wither look shabby (the cheap ones) or expansive for the better ones. Any advice?

I wouldn't bring kids to Pattaya but in Hua Hin I'd recommend the Hyatt. The pool is so good at meandering through the gardens and the rooms were better than the Marriott. Don't know specifically about kids programmes but they have email and some good advance purchase offers.

I wouldn't bring kids to Pattaya but in Hua Hin I'd recommend the Hyatt. The pool is so good at meandering through the gardens and the rooms were better than the Marriott. Don't know specifically about kids programmes but they have email and some good advance purchase offers.

Why wouldn't you take your kids to pattaya? It has a lot to offer kids, plenty of places to amuse them, and there is no need to venture on the seedy parts of town (if they are young what will they know any way).

My kid loves the Hyatt Hua Hin's slider and the waterfall in back. I haven't yet got the guts up to try the slider myself, but you are right the pool is great for kids. In addition, it is right next to the beach.

• 1 month later...

We ended up staying at the Sofitel HH again, probably the last time for a while. We checked out the Sheraton (the best kids room), Marriott but will probably go later in the year to the Hyatt.

Anybody recommend anywhere decent in BKK that caters well for kids?

Think next up will be a trip to Kanchan.