Mcdonalds Or Burger King

Boater

Every time i read things like this i am amazed. How can anybody call this stuff food?? To me and most others around me it is something you eat to give in to a grease craving, but food is something tottaly different.

These high class folks are usually the same "gourmets" who love meat pies and bangers and mash. :o

High class?

I think a better description is... "wannabe high class but can't afford to be... so just bash McD!" :D

McDonalds gets blown up in France, but it is French people going to eat there who keep it in business.

That's true. The last time I was in Paris, about 3 years ago, I was wandering around the Bastille neighbourhood looking for breakfast. As anyone who has travelled in France knows, the French don't really eat breakfast. They down an espresso and smoke a cigarette, and maybe have a stale croissant at a local cafe. After hitting a half dozen cafes and finding nothing but espresso, stale croissants and cigarettes, I happened to walk by a McDonald's. The line for McMuffin breakfasts was so long it extended from the counter right out the front door and onto the sidewalk. Aside from all the Pulp Fiction witticisms about the 'Cheesburger Royale' etc, I must note that the McD's in Paris serve good espresso. :o

Here in BKK, Mossburgers are cheaper and IMO better than both McD and BK. Especially the buns. Order one without the sauce if you want a more traditional American burger. I think it's safe to say that in this thread, since more than one member has already pointed out that you can't really call the messy stacks served at McD/BK 'hamburgers' .... :D

• Like 1