Help Me Please!

tipsy

Hi,

I've just given up drinking (which is going well) but im having to find ways to keep myself busy.

The best way I have found is playing on my PS2 (slim edition) which until now has sat in a dusty box in a dark corner.

I dropped it last night and now the disc inside isn't spinning, I have tried all the online solutions with no luck and looking for a shop that repairs game consoles in Chiangers.

It is no longer under warranty and I'd rather not take it to Sony as I'm sure their price will be 10x the price I can find elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for any info or help you can offer

Tipsy

Hi,

I've just given up drinking (which is going well) but im having to find ways to keep myself busy.

The best way I have found is playing on my PS2 (slim edition) which until now has sat in a dusty box in a dark corner.

I dropped it last night and now the disc inside isn't spinning, I have tried all the online solutions with no luck and looking for a shop that repairs game consoles in Chiangers.

It is no longer under warranty and I'd rather not take it to Sony as I'm sure their price will be 10x the price I can find elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for any info or help you can offer

Tipsy

Couple of places you can try Central (Centrun) at Kad Suan Gao on the fourth or fifth floor next to the escalator is a PS2 shop that sells, modifies, and does repairs. Other one is at Central Airport in the vicinity of the Cinemas. Same deal.

CB

Most places send their Sony repairs to the Sony HQ on the Hang Dong Road. So you are probably better off going there in any case. Independant repair shops, who do the work themselves, often use non-standard parts. So use at your own risk.

If your Sony does not work the way you expected after its repair, you may well find you are left with a useless box. Sony have a policy of refusing to repair equipment that contains non-standard parts. I know. I have a useless PS2 that was mucked about with by a third party and Sony will not touch.

Most places send their Sony repaors to the Sony HQ on the Hang Dong Road. So you are probably better off going there in any case. Independant repair shops, who do the work themselves, often use non-standard parts. So use at your own risk.

If your Sony does not work the way you expected after its repair, you may well find you are left with a useless box. Sony have a policy of refusing to repair equipment that contains non-standard parts. I know. I have a useless PS2 that was mucked about with by a third party and Sony will not touch.

Good advice.

Sony refuse to repair any equipment purchased overseas too. I have a couple of amps, a PS2 and otherr equipment they will not touch.