Other Peoples

sceadugenga

Good luck and please let us know how it worked out.

Who knows, he might breath a sigh of relief after you talk to him. He could have been badgered into it from his family but didn't know how to bring it up so rushed it out quick like.

Good luck and please let us know how it worked out.

Who knows, he might breath a sigh of relief after you talk to him. He could have been badgered into it from his family but didn't know how to bring it up so rushed it out quick like.

He carts the kid everywhere, this particular trip also includes a planned visit to Disneyland and snowboarding in Colorado.

The guy had no childhood, foster homes, boys homes etc and I suspect he's trying to relive his through his grandson.

The guy had no childhood, foster homes, boys homes etc and I suspect he's trying to relive his through his grandson.

He sounds like a nice guy (his grandson is lucky). But my advice still holds.

Like yours, my world is not childproof. Also, I was spoilt when my son was home because he was so well behaved. Even when he was little I could leave most things around (except for music of any sort). His friends were a different matter.

And I don't believe it's all down to bad parenting or even the age we live in. Some kids are just hyper or let their intense interest in life override what they've been taught.

"Yes, that 19th century vase is pretty. But no, you do not take it out of the china cabinet to see it better ... or show it to your baby sister ... or fill it with water and flowers to surprise me ..."

So I guess you could say I like my life my way. Calm. Quiet. And with yearly trips to the grand kids where I smile at their antics while not worrying about anything going wrong. Much. :o