Any Help Would Be Kindly Appreciated

SeanPhuket

Hi all ...

I am wondering if anybody could maybe give me a little advice ...

I worked for a company a little while back, in Phuket, and obviously I moved on. I did not leave on good terms, in fact the owner threatened to have me killed.

Since then I have became aware the owner of the company (Thai lady, about 30 yrs) is still using my name for PR's and contact information for the company and what appears to be any area she uses my name.

Of course I do not want this, as it is no good and of course for over jobs.

So does anybody know, has experienced this before, or something like this ... What to do? How to get her to stop? Bearing in mind her characteristic of being one of those people who was obviously so spoilt as a child and is now an adult.

Any sound advice would be fantastic and very appreciated ...

Regards

Sean

Guest Reimar

Have you have had all legal documents include Working Permit?

If you don't, than may you've a problem because you can'[tgo the official way!

Cheers.

Or more sensibly do what is commonly done in other countries. Place a notice in local papers stating that you are no longer associated with that business and not responsible for any dealings with that company done in your name.

Have you considered asking her not to use your name and that you do not want to have to take action. But if she continues you will take action. You don't have to say what kind of action and probably don't have to know what type of action you would take. That might discourage her and you have nothing to lose by saying this.

Suggest you do it by email or fax not in person or on the phone.

Hi all ...

I worked for a company a little while back, in Phuket, and obviously I moved on. I did not leave on good terms, in fact the owner threatened to have me killed.

Since then I have became aware the owner of the company (Thai lady, about 30 yrs) is still using my name for PR's and contact information for the company and what appears to be any area she uses my name.

So does anybody know, has experienced this before, or something like this ... What to do? How to get her to stop? Bearing in mind her characteristic of being one of those people who was obviously so spoilt as a child and is now an adult.

Regards

Sean

I was in this situation some years ago now, here in Thailand, where the owner of the company was still using my name to continue using his licences to operate after I had left. I don't know what sort of business you are in but mine was quite crucial for life and limb and his licences would have been revoked if my name was not in situ. Shortly after I had left the company there was an accident and luckily everyone survived. Immediately, the governing bodies of Thailand contacted me to find out what was going on, only to find that I had left the Company.

My saving grace was that I had gone to a Lawyer and had him write a Formal Letter of resignation to the Company stipulating what date that I had left the Company permanently with the reasons why and he mailed it Recorded Delivery so there was a record of receipt. Had I not done this, I would have been in a great deal of trouble.

People like to knock Thai Lawyers, however, in my situation at that time, it was the best thing I had done and the best spent money ever!

There are other things you can do too, dependent on your business, i.e. inform previous clients that you are no longer with this company.

Put an ad. in the paper where you know potential new clients will come from.

Hopefully then, you will still have your reputation intact when things go wrong.

I forgot to mention that I also included in my letter of resignation that one of the reasons for leaving was because of Death Threats from them and I was unwilling and unable to work under those conditions.

That, I believe, helped the death threat go away since a third party now knew about it and should something have happened to me, my previous boss would have been the first on the Police, to visit, list.

Hi all ...

Regards

Sean

I was in this situation some years ago now, here in Thailand, where the owner of the company was still using my name to continue using his licences to operate after I had left. I don't know what sort of business you are in but mine was quite crucial for life and limb and his licences would have been revoked if my name was not in situ. Shortly after I had left the company there was an accident and luckily everyone survived. Immediately, the governing bodies of Thailand contacted me to find out what was going on, only to find that I had left the Company.

My saving grace was that I had gone to a Lawyer and had him write a Formal Letter of resignation to the Company stipulating what date that I had left the Company permanently with the reasons why and he mailed it Recorded Delivery so there was a record of receipt. Had I not done this, I would have been in a great deal of trouble.

People like to knock Thai Lawyers, however, in my situation at that time, it was the best thing I had done and the best spent money ever!

There are other things you can do too, dependent on your business, i.e. inform previous clients that you are no longer with this company.

Put an ad. in the paper where you know potential new clients will come from.

Hopefully then, you will still have your reputation intact when things go wrong.

Hey guys ...

Thanks to all with the sensible answers!

Regards

Sean

Cheers.

Good point.

The OP is being vague about the circumstances leading up to why the boss made death threats against him.

If the OP was not on a Non (B) Immigrant visa and holding a work permit at the time of his employment, than he was breaking the law. If this is the case, than the employer should report the offender to Immigration.

Edited by distortedlink

Cheers.

Good point.

The OP is being vague about the circumstances leading up to why the boss made death threats against him.

If the OP was not on a Non (:o Immigrant visa and holding a work permit at the time of his employment, than he was breaking the law. If this is the case, than the employer should report the offender to Immigration.

Hi Guys ...

Just for the people going on about being legal or not, for the record YES I was holding a WP!!

On my original post I didn't mention about a WP because I don't need advice about a WP!! Now would the people who always like to jump on the WP bandwagon please 'vacate the building', I can't stand you people. You are just so good!!

Once again thanks to the guys who kindly gave advice on the mentioned topic, I will take it on board ...

If the OP was not on a Non (:o Immigrant visa and holding a work permit at the time of his employment, than he was breaking the law. If this is the case, than the employer should report the offender to Immigration.

Have you ever heard of "circular logic"?

Employer to cops: Yeah I hired this guy with no work permit & now I want you to make big problems for him. OOOps I just made it onto "thailand's Dumbest Criminals"

to OP. I know that is not what happened. Some of these genuises amaze me.

Two people in this thread had death threats from their bosses.

I'm stunned: What, in God's name, could a person have done to engender this type of reaction from a boss? :o

Disagree with them whilst putting your feet on the table will do it.

Did you do that guys?

It would appear that upon trying to disassociate one's self with some business entity or enterprise, instead of a golden handshake, death threats may be freely substituted,

at least with the Sopranos you got a hug and kiss before they capped you,

I'm thinking there's more going on here then the op(s) care to reveal, :o

Edited by cobra

I'm stunned: What, in God's name, could a person have done to engender this type of reaction from a boss? :D

Apparently cupcake you stun easily, :o

It's usually one of the big three, money, face, affairs of the heart,

no, it's about money,

If the OP was not on a Non ( :o Immigrant visa and holding a work permit at the time of his employment, than he was breaking the law. If this is the case, than the employer should report the offender to Immigration.

Have you ever heard of "circular logic"?

Employer to cops: Yeah I hired this guy with no work permit & now I want you to make big problems for him. OOOps I just made it onto "thailand's (Thailand`s) Dumbest Criminals"

to (To) OP. I know that (this) is not what happened. Some of these genuises (geniuses) amaze me.

Or more sensibly do what is commonly done in other countries. Place a notice in local papers stating that you are no longer associated with that business and not responsible for any dealings with that company done in your name.

As is often typical here, the most sensible advice is ignored while people have their fun…

This is the standard in Thailand as well. You will often see such adds in the classifieds. Even the English ones carrying them occasionally.

TH

I'm stunned: What, in God's name, could a person have done to engender this type of reaction from a boss? :D

Apparently cupcake you stun easily, :o

It's usually one of the big three, money, face, affairs of the heart,

no, it's about money,

bu..bu...but, I thought this was the Land or Smiles and the culture of "mai bpen rai?" Still stunned. :D

• 1 year later...

Your former employer should have filed a letter at the local Labour Department advising them that you no longer work for the company and returning the WP (if it had not expired).

Where is your WP? Maybe you are still working for the company according to Labour Department records? I would go to the Labour Department to check your record is indeed up to date, or you are going to have another problem later if you apply for a new WP with another employer.

If your former employer has failed to advise the local Labour Department of your departure that is a crime in itself :)

Your former employer should have filed a letter at the local Labour Department advising them that you no longer work for the company and returning the WP (if it had not expired).

Where is your WP? Maybe you are still working for the company according to Labour Department records? I would go to the Labour Department to check your record is indeed up to date, or you are going to have another problem later if you apply for a new WP with another employer.

If your former employer has failed to advise the local Labour Department of your departure that is a crime in itself :D

The original post is a year ago :)

If your former employer has failed to advise the local Labour Department of your departure that is a crime in itself :D

The original post is a year ago :D

Mr Toad, indeed you are correct! This posting appeared on a list of 'today's topics' received from Thaivisa at 11PM last night. How strange. :)

The original post is a year ago :D

Mr Toad, indeed you are correct! This posting appeared on a list of 'today's topics' received from Thaivisa at 11PM last night. How strange. :)

Seems to be a number of very old threads being resurrected, maybe that is the reason. :D

Just for the people going on about being legal or not, for the record YES I was holding a WP!!

On my original post I didn't mention about a WP because I don't need advice about a WP!! Now would the people who always like to jump on the WP bandwagon please 'vacate the building', I can't stand you people. You are just so good!!

Why get all uptight about it? People were probably asking whether or not you had a WP as you could then take it further if you did. If in fact you didn't, you couldn't. I sense retorts like this are a good reason for why you no longer work there. Perhaps you should grow up a bit.

Anyway, beings as a lot of time has passed since your op, any outcome?

Just another good ol' troll doing what they do best - winding up all the vitriolics

BR>Jack

Yes looks like a troll

Toptuan posted June 08

Thaiphoon resurrected it Yesterday.