Kuwait Airlines

Darth Bangkok

I will take a flight to the US on Kuwait airlines in December. When I mentioned this to a Thai friend he made all kinds of comments about the safety of the airline. On the US Embassy website, it says that both the aviation industry in Kuwait and in Thailand are "in compliance" with US standards. In fact, I wonder if you grabbed a few people off the street in the US and asked them which airline was safer - kuwait or thai- i think most might say kuwait.

as far as passing throught the middle east as an american, i think it will be safe. are there any issues to deal with? i've never flown kuwaiti before, so i don't know.

I will take a flight to the US on Kuwait airlines in December.  When I mentioned this to a Thai friend he made all kinds of comments about the safety of the airline.  On the US Embassy website, it says that both the aviation industry in Kuwait and in Thailand are "in compliance"  with US standards.  In fact,  I wonder if you grabbed a few people off the street in the US and asked them which airline was safer - kuwait or thai-  i think most might say kuwait.

as far as passing throught the middle east as an american, i think it will be safe.  are there any issues to deal with?  i've never flown kuwaiti before, so i don't know.

Last time I flew Kuwait airlines was about 2yrs ago. No alcohol on board and the airport is shit as well. Maybe they have changed but in my opinion you would be better off flying Emirates or even Gulf Air for that matter.

as far as passing throught the middle east as an american, i think it will be safe.  are there any issues to deal with?  i've never flown kuwaiti before, so i don't know.

Can't speak for the airline itself, but had a comment with respect to flying into and out of "hot" areas like the mid-east. As an American, your passport is easily identifiable because of the blue color and large gold colored logo.

A long time ago, I was advised to keep my passport inside of a special passport wallet (can be bought in most travel stores). This way when you are handing your passport visibly to an airline agent or immigration agent, any wandering eyes will not be able to easily identify you as an american because of your passport.

Hi :o

I have flown around the gulf quite a bit. Kuwaiti airlines seemed fine. (Kuwait the country is also very safe).

The other gulf airlines (Gulf, Qatar Airways, Emirates...) seem fine, too. The service is better than most of the American airlines.

Sometimes the hygienic standards of the passengers can make for a difficult journey.

The security at the airports is a little scary...I think it would be trivial to get on the aircraft with a weapon.. From the taxi to the gate of an international flight in about 15 minutes in Bahrain, Kuwait, and Doha. Perhaps the large percentage of Islamic passengers makes these aircaft an unattractive target?

But so far, no major problems in a long time.

Good luck!

bryan