Help With Non-img Visa App

I'm just filing out this app for a Non-Img Marriage visa and I had a couple of questions.

I'm planning on moving to Thailand with my Thai wife. I'll be working for my company here in the usa, i work over the internet. I'm assuming i do not mention that to the embassy.

Here's my questions, any help would be appreciated

number of entries requested, would i put 4?

length of stay, would i put one year?

i guess i need a letter from my wife saying that she wants me to go to support her, is that about right, what the letter should say?

does the embassy ask anything about how you'll be supporting her? i read in a previous post not to mention that you'll be working over the internet, if thats the case, i'm not sure what i can say...

Thanks for your help!

No such thing as a Non Imm Marriage Visa.

I assume you are talking about a Multi Entry Non Immigrant O Visa.

Applying on the grounds to visit your Thai Wife.

On the form put Multi Entry. This will give you up to 15 months stay in Thailand with a border run needed every 90 days.

Technically your work would need a Work Permit. So shhhh.

They will probably want a copy of your marriage certificate and her ID Card.

Edited by Lite Beer

You can also apply for a non-immigrant visa based on your marriage, like Little Beer said. On that base you can come to Thailand and in Thailand apply for a one year extension of your non-immigrant visa and do that every year. For that you will need a family income of 40,000 baht a month.

Look here for the rules regarding the extension of a non-immigrant based on mariage, under point 7.17, page 6.

http://www.lawyer.th.com/National_Police_O...er_Oct_2006.pdf

bretth7377, each Thai consulate has its own visa application form and I assume you are looking at the form of the consular office of the Thai Embassy in Washington. This is how I would fill it out:

Number of entries requested: multiple

Purpose of visit: visit family

Length of stay: max. 90 days/entry

See this web page of the DC consular office for the published requirements:

http://www2.thaiembdc.org/consular/visa/Non-Img.aspx

You may want to give them a call first before going there or mailing off you application to make sure that you have everything they want.

--

Maestro

Number of entries requested: multiple

Purpose of visit: visit family

Length of stay: max. 90 days/entry

This is the way to go.

Then you have 15 months to get your income requirement set up for a one year extension.

Until that is done you will need to make 3 monthly border runs, but you are also free to travel

when you wish.

Keep quiet about what you do to earn a living -- Retired, playing on the internet will suffice as an answer.