Where To Find The Most British People In Thailand

hogheaven

wear are the most Brits  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't quite understand the OP's opening question here.

Let's see if I've got this right: he wants to know how to find Brits?

In a place where you're falling over the buggers?

And they're mostly trouble makers too, IMO!

Brits are in the same boat as the turks in germany then?

roy gsd

Not quite.

The Turks stick together.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

qwertz! to think I was looking forward to reading your posts again but there you go slagging off the Brits who don't look for trouble at all imo merely retaliate oh well

'ey up!

I'm a Brit too.

Just poking a little fun. :o

• 1 month later...
I've often wondered why there are so many Brits in Thailand. I'm talking young Brits in their late 20s, early 30s, who should be pursuing careers in England. Instead, they are here working shit teaching jobs just so they can stay. What happens when they're 65 and have nothing? I have an excuse - I'm retired, got a pension and a ton of bucks in the bank. I'm here to chill. Is it realy that bad in England? Must be a miserable little island....

why should they be pursuing a career in England? i am 34 and have spent 13 years working in around 8 countries around the world. Arrived in Thailand at 30 and left at 33 and no am not a school teacher and have a good job - so would i have been better off in the UK? -i don't think so. The Uk for me (and i did go back for a year around 99) represented in efficient chroneism, lack of vision and an inability to move up the ladder due to the old farts kept employed just cos they have been there for years.

Wear would I find the most British people in Pattaya or Phuket.

And would they be retired or tourtist ?

I do not want to be in Bangkok , which would you recomend ?

Why you wanna find Brits? theres alot in UK and youd save some money lol :o

I've often wondered why there are so many Brits in Thailand. I'm talking young Brits in their late 20s, early 30s, who should be pursuing careers in England. Instead, they are here working shit teaching jobs just so they can stay. What happens when they're 65 and have nothing? I have an excuse - I'm retired, got a pension and a ton of bucks in the bank. I'm here to chill. Is it realy that bad in England? Must be a miserable little island....

the reason why were in thailand is because next to a yanks intelligence, were all rocket scientists :o

"were all rocket scientists"

You mean you are no longer rocket scientists?.... oh wait- I see- you rocket scientists haven't learned punctuation yet. Hmmm... how's your space program working out?

^ Simon43 - a member here & Phuket resident is, so i'm led to believe, a Brit & a rocket scientist all in one.. Wow !! who would've thunk it ? (although, don't take my word for it.. you'd have to ask him..)

This is a short message from a yank for the British rocket scientist.Proper English is "we're all rocket scientists." Apparently rocket scientists in England do not need to learn to speak Englsih.As far as you all being scientists of any sort,one needs only to attend a "football" game in England to dispel that theory.I say "football" because in USA we call it soccer.Football is a game for men,whereas soccer is only played by little girls.

And in "proper" English, you leave a space between the full-stop (period) and the start of the next sentence. Like this. Football was invented in the UK well before the USA ever existed, so I think we can call our sports just what we like. We invented rounders and cricket (which the Yanks changed to baseball), snooker and billiards (ditto pool), football and rugby (ditto American Football), skittles (ditto 10-pin bowling), as well as tennis and golf (which the Yanks couldn't change).

Mind you we invent these sports, give them to the world, and then lose to everyone else! :o

This is a short message from a yank for the British rocket scientist.Proper English is "we're all rocket scientists." Apparently rocket scientists in England do not need to learn to speak Englsih.As far as you all being scientists of any sort,one needs only to attend a "football" game in England to dispel that theory.I say "football" because in USA we call it soccer.Football is a game for men,whereas soccer is only played by little girls.

Proper English would surely be "We are all rocket scientists"

Just to correct my last post, "proper" English could be:

"We are all astrionics engineers"

Although, as my grandfather used to say - "That astrionics is alright - but it's not exactly rocket science, is it ? chai mai ?"

We are here because we have to make room for the Poles.

There are now 600,000 of them in the UK, even the biggest selling newspaper back home is putting out a Polish edition during Euro 2008.!!

We have to make way ..we have to go somewhere to make space available and ease the pressure on the welfare system.

So many of us have decided make Thailand our home

This is very true, bieng a self employed shit shoveller here in the UK, i have to make do with 3 and a half days work a week, cheap labour is going to force people away from old blighty

It's now possible to build a career and earn UK wages via the internet, and the age group 20 - 30 is the generation that grew up with the opportunity to learn computing readily available at school and at home. Web development, web design, graphic design, seo, software development, internet marketing - there are many financially more rewarding careers available to internet savvy twenty/thirtysomethings than teaching English. Personally at 29 I have ten years commercial experience in building websites, and the nature of the work enables me to live anywhere in the world and telecommute. Not all 20 - 30 year olds earn bad money in shit jobs. I could of course choose to live in England where living is expensive, and life (as the weather) is all a bit dull - but to me it's a bit of a no-brainer.

Edited by danw

It's now possible to build a career and earn UK wages via the internet, and the age group 20 - 30 is the generation that grew up with the opportunity to learn computing readily available at school and at home. Web development, web design, graphic design, seo, software development, internet marketing - there are many financially more rewarding careers available to internet savvy twenty/thirtysomethings. Personally at 29 I have ten years commercial experience in building websites, and the nature of the work enables me to live anywhere in the world and telecommute. Not all 20 - 30 year olds earn bad money in shit jobs. I could of course choose to live in England where living is expensive, and life (as the weather) is all a bit dull - but to me it's a bit of a no-brainer.

I am looking outside my house in Scotland, its a nice sea view, but its in July and the weather is deplorable, we wait 6 months for decent weather and rewarded with drab and miserable outlook, no wonder my country are full of alcoholics myself included :o

From a Thai, at least the Brits in here know how to put a space after comma and before the start of a new sentence.

Proper "football" players don't need such protections. Girls do.

As for the OP, Pattaya is probably the place to go.

.I say "football" because in USA we call it soccer.Football is a game for men,whereas soccer is only played by little girls.

- and most of them foreigners, to boot. Reminds me of a trip to the USA many years ago, where a kind host took me to see a baseball game at the Chicago White Sox. I enquired if any of the team were locals. "hel_l no," he said, "they're nearly all Puerto Ricans and Canadians."

From a Thai, at least the Brits in here know how to put a space after comma and before the start of a new sentence.

Proper "football" players don't need such protections. Girls do.

As for the OP, Pattaya is probably the place to go.

I think it is the women who bring and keep the relatively young men rooted in Thailand. The one good looking British girl, Elizabeth Hurley, is getting a bit long in tooth and there are very few other options.

Check out any happy hour anywhere that serves beer at a reasonable price and you will be able to make friends in any of the resort areas.

Try to avoid meeting new friends between midnight and 5:00 AM. Many become loud and somewhat violent. Many will not remember meeting you anyway.

If you just want a Brit to talk to and maybe help out from time to time try the prisons. Small gifts for the prisoner and staff are recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

An english rocket scientist is one [male,always] who can light a 2 shilling rocket on bonfire night [after imbibing app 12 pints of lager] and send it straight up in the air without it smashing one of his neigbours windows.....

Edited by 4.real

• 3 years later...
"Is it realy that bad in England? Must be a miserable little island...."

yep.. it really IS that bad biggrin.gif

After waiting 3 years 6 months and 4 days for your first post i'm mildly disappointed.

thanks for noticing... happy new year by the way :)