Where Are All The Nice Farangs?

DaiHard

You say 35K a month like thats some money. :o I would hate too see what you consider to be brokeass English teachers.

And YOU act like that's no money?? If that's the case, please send me 35k, i really would have a good use for it (i earn HALF that and am still happy here!)

Thanh

To each his own, but do you really live off of 18k? It could be done if nothing bad ever happened and it would sure be better than trying to scrape by in Californian with 4x the amount. I assume most x-pats here have a decent amount of disposable income and enjoy spending it. The bottom 20% of Americans struggle to cover basic necessities and and a life in LOS on 20k bt would be a little more comfortable.

Money does buy a certain amount of happiness, but most of life's pleasures are dependant on an individuals character. I have some money and continually work on living the best life "today". Some days I'm more successful than others and world keeps turning. Criticizing those with meager finances seems trivial and self serving.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a "good" Thai girl/woman usually mean when she say a "nice" falang, is nothing more sinister than that she want a life partner which is stable financially, not a drunkard nor a womanizer. (and also in many cases someone who do not mind that she has a child already and/or has been married before)

:o:D:D That's so funny yet real!

What a"not-so-good" Thai girl/woman mean is that she want a walking ATM which turns a blind eye to her "personal" activities.

:D:D:D That's more funny and hel_l real!

Something I don't get, maybe I missed something, is why she wants a farang. I understand when you find a "special" someone, he/she may not be from the same country/culture but what's wrong in this case with Thais ? What they don't have that farangs have?

Something I don't get, maybe I missed something, is why she wants a farang. I understand when you find a "special" someone, he/she may not be from the same country/culture but what's wrong in this case with Thais ? What they don't have that farangs have?

I have met many attractive Thai ladies with succesful careers who are single. I have asked them that question many times. The consensus seems to be that Thai guys are no good. I was actually told by one of the ladies that "thai guys are no good, better to be alone."

I have met many attractive Thai ladies with succesful careers who are single. I have asked them that question many times. The consensus seems to be that Thai guys are no good. I was actually told by one of the ladies that "thai guys are no good, better to be alone."

.........and did you believe her? :o

Did I believe her??? why not??

I prefer givng ppl the benefit of the doubt. Rather then be a suspicious cynical old git, it helps keep me young :D

Most would say that and not mean it, I agree. But almost all the ones with succesful careers say the same thing.

But once they have seen my near perfection, everything pales in comparison. :o

I don't know, but maybe many of the successful career women who are single or divorced, chose a life path out of the ordinary, and achieved their success by bucking the system that said she was supposed to stay home, pregnant and barefoot. I think many of the middle-aged provincial school teachers who earned a uni degree in the 1960's did so with old money, a support network, hard work, smart work, etc. Female managers at Thai corporations may find it difficult to find good Thai men. The women may even think that we farang men are better in bed (of course, that varies :o ).

I met a Thai man yesterday, maybe 33 years old, who said "I'm not like Thais, because I lived overseas for many years." He might be a good catch, except he plans to return to the decadent USA.

One difference is that many of the Thai's which is well off financially in many cases are just looking for a mia-noi and not a wife.

While a great many falangs with stable economy actually is looking for a wife/life partner.

Of course all the "urban legends" about the blessings of having a falang husband might also come into play. :o:D :D

35K????? That barely pays rent on a decent place here.

Maybe not if you are born and raised in Buckingham Palace.

:o

I rent an apartment for 13K per month.

2 bedrooms, big living room, big bathroom, kitchen. And of course fully furnished, and tiles all over.

Good and quiet neighbourhood. 10-15 min to BKK city centers.

She is 28, untouched (at least according to my teeruk), job, car, money.

Normally a decent "farang" would not care too much about the "untouched' issue. It should not be an issue at all. And if it is, then she should look for an untouched "farang" as well. Good luck to that.

I have to agree with the members here that say it might be a problem finding this man here.

Not because that most are hanging out in the girly bars, etc.

We have to remember that it does not take long after a person has relocated, before he start to feel a little lonely.

As soon as he has settled and has some sort of control of his finances, job, living situation, he will normally start looking for someone to share his life with.

And since the "farangs" still represent some sort of curiosity here, they will get the attention they want. Thus they easily can find someone to share their life with.

I think the lady needs to activly go out there and try to catch their attention. Either via dating/social web sites, or social events (bars, restaurants, partys, etc). Just as we all do (or did) back home.

Just try to avoid the places where a lot of so called "free lancers" hang out.

I know I'll get oral on the first date.
You mean she tells you to <deleted> off?

ROFL

She is 28, untouched (at least according to my teeruk), job, car, money.

Each and every one a worgin (virgin). You don't believe me? Just ask Helga, ha, ha, ha. Anyone remember the movie?

To each his own, but do you really live off of 18k? It could be done if nothing bad ever happened and it would sure be better than trying to scrape by in Californian with 4x the amount. I assume most x-pats here have a decent amount of disposable income and enjoy spending it. The bottom 20% of Americans struggle to cover basic necessities and and a life in LOS on 20k bt would be a little more comfortable.

OT, I know, but you have totally hit the nail on the head here. I make much, MUCH less money here in LOS (not an English teacher, though!), but my disposable income is much MUCH higher than when I lived in NYC and California.

Besides, as with so many things in life, its not how much you have, it's what you do with it!

Edited by fallingoffthemap

I often hear this question from Thais I know. Often they have little understanding of farang culture, which in itself is a good enough reason for not introducing them...

Pray tell, what is farang culture? I too have no idea, even being a whitey. For instance, I have a horrible time understanding German culture when I talk to Germans. Their views and humor are completely alien to me. I mean, they seem to be from a different country! Imagine that.

Good point - farang come in more flavors than Thais do. Should the eligible bachelorette look for an older American, a frustrated Frenchman, a bald Belgian, a hirsute hippie, an auspicious Aussie, a krazy Kiwi? We agree she should not look in bars and massage parlors for a future husband, but should she hang out in urologist's waiting rooms? The AUA or British Council library? The Breitling store at MBK?

I often hear this question from Thais I know. Often they have little understanding of farang culture, which in itself is a good enough reason for not introducing them...

Pray tell, what is farang culture? I too have no idea, even being a whitey. For instance, I have a horrible time understanding German culture when I talk to Germans. Their views and humor are completely alien to me. I mean, they seem to be from a different country! Imagine that.

Good point - farang come in more flavors than Thais do. Should the eligible bachelorette look for an older American, a frustrated Frenchman, a bald Belgian, a hirsute hippie, an auspicious Aussie, a krazy Kiwi? We agree she should not look in bars and massage parlors for a future husband, but should she hang out in urologist's waiting rooms? The AUA or British Council library? The Breitling store at MBK?

Exactly gentlemen. The definition of "farang culture" used here is quite simple = culture relating to farangs. You do need to ask the young lady what she means by "decent" and what exactly she means by "farang".. :o

Which brings us back to: If she has to ask such a question she's probably not worth the introduction. :D

Exactly gentlemen. The definition of "farang culture" used here is quite simple = culture relating to farangs. You do need to ask the young lady what she means by "decent" and what exactly she means by "farang".. :o

Which brings us back to: If she has to ask such a question she's probably not worth the introduction. :D

Cant agree,if she has visited pattaya or parts of bkk she could have a valid point, these places are full of chain smoking beer swilling losers and cheap charlies, who in there right mind would want one of them !,.her looking for a decent farang is no different to any of us looking for decent thai lady is it ? .,.and will probably be as dificult,. Edited by imaneggspurt

but should she hang out in urologist's waiting rooms? The AUA or British Council library? The Breitling store at MBK?

Maybe instead of "hanging out" she could start with getting a life. Take up some hobbies, join clubs or societies, take up a new sport. Go to talks, or concerts or exhibitions. Surprisingly, farangs who are not centered around the bar scene are often out there doing these things on a regular basis. And it just might make her a more interesting person than some one who is only looking for a farang. The most interesting person to share your life with - is some one who already has one.

Cant agree,if she has visited pattaya or parts of bkk she could have a valid point, these places are full of chain smoking beer swilling losers and cheap charlies, who in there right mind would want one of them !,.her looking for a decent farang is no different to any of us looking for decent thai lady is it ? .,.and will probably be as dificult,.

Well if she has only visited Pattaya and parts of BKK what can I say... :D

The reason I say if she has to ask she's not worth the intro... is because there are plenty of ways/places to find decent farang. There are also plenty of ways/paces to meet a decent Thai lady... :D

Maybe instead of "hanging out" she could start with getting a life. Take up some hobbies, join clubs or societies, take up a new sport. Go to talks, or concerts or exhibitions. Surprisingly, farangs who are not centered around the bar scene are often out there doing these things on a regular basis. And it just might make her a more interesting person than some one who is only looking for a farang. The most interesting person to share your life with - is some one who already has one.

Spot on! :D

Maybe I haven't been to Thailand enough, but I would think most nice farang would be found in their home country. I would say internet sites if she doesn't know anyone who has farang friends. You go to Thailand if you wish to meet Thai women, you go to America if you wish to meet an American.

I know the "knowing someone who has farang friends" path is used, since I got divorced I have many Thai friends wishing to have me meet a cousin, neice, friend, friend of a friend, etc. :o I am guessing having lots of friends in Thailand, and being a nice person respectful of their culture, has put me into a pretty good position to find a nice Thai wife. I am guessing the reverse would be true, having friends in the west where they know you are a good person should help a Thai lady meet a good farang.