Where Are All The Nice Farangs?

DaiHard

The OP of the this thread is mind-numbing. To lump all "farang" into the same category is just incredibly ignorant. Where the nice farang? I don't know, it's hit and miss. Here in the U.S., we're all farang, and it's always hit and miss. Money doesn't buy happiness or guarantee you'll be a good mate. If some Thai girl wants to find a good mate and wants him to be a foreigner, why I guess she should try and hang out where many foreigners hang out. In terms of mass numbers, this will be in the center of Bangkok along Sukhumvit, yes. And of course she would probably not want to look in girlie bars so if she stays away from those places, she may happen upon a nice guy, but it's just hit and miss, and the term "farang" encompasses hundreds of millions or billions of people and tens of different languages and cultures.

Edited by Jimjim

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does the Thai lady looking for a "nice farang" work.

She is surely not looking for a meal ticket. Farang are too smart nowadays to get burned.

Too smart nowadays????? So that would mean no more topics like; She left me without a penny, or she sold the house, or she has got `my `car???

I very much doubt it......about the smart farang I mean. :o

Bad news for all you nice farangs. If a Thai woman will give you oral sex she is a former sex worker.

Peace blondie are you one of these English teachers in their 3000 baht a month room with a fan? Sad.

Dotcom, I have to say you are one of the most cynical posters in TV.

I am sorry if you truly believe that a mutually enjoyable activity like oral sex means a woman was a sex worker. Does that mean the man was one, too, when he reciprocates? You have never had a partner who cares enough for you to just want to make you feel good?

And what is wrong with a 3,000 baht room? If it provides for the needs of the tenant, and the tenant is happy, how is that sad?

I am 50 now and rather well-off, financialy speaking. But I would never trade my days of backpacking around Europe, sleeping in trains, in parks, or sharing hostel rooms with 5 other travelers. I like my money now, but money alone does not bring happiness.

I hope you are just writing to get a rise from other posters. Because if you are serious, then I think your outlook on life is the sad one.

My fiancé met an incredibly witty, charming, good looking, well paid professional Westerner using the internet. He was even prepared to move out to SE Asia for her. But she was lucky :-)

I agree she must be hel_l lucky to find such an easy catch. :o

I live out East. Srinakarin Area. Close to Seacon Square.

As shy as the Thai ladies are - I too am reluctant to start up a conversation with a stranger.

Which is why I find most of my bedmates in bars like Beer Garden Soi 7 or Washingtom Square. I know I'll get oral on the first date.

well! ................................................................................

................................................................................

.......... :o

your expectations speak volumes

Nature is best.

My Thai wife emulated the behavior of a snake called a Bushmaster, dropped on me from the branch of a tree and bit me on the neck.

Whew, talk about oral on the first date, eh? :o

Seriously tho, competition is high here in the Land of Availability but finding reasonable hunting grounds is a good thought.

I don't know what occupation the OP's friend is qualified for but 'quality' (assuming kind, intelligent, well-heeled, cleaner than most) farangs can be found in higher end restaurants that foreigners frequent, banks, resorts, etc..

My wife was a waitress in a great seafood restaurant in Karon Beach on Phuket and I fell in love in a heartbeat. We are each other's soulmates and after seven years of marriage life couldn't be better.

But then there is the 'hiding in the bushes, rope snare on the sidewalk' technique...

If some woman asked me the question Where are all the nice farang (read alien) . I would ignore her and walk away. I would find it a little offensive to my race. I would be thinking Why does she want one: money , passport, to show off to her family/friends, improve her English, to get citizenship of a western country?

The good farangs are found at Soi 8 Pub and Restaurant on, you guessed it, Sukhumvit Soi 8.

You just have to ignore the Aussies, Kiwis and South Africans to get to the good ones.

Down to earth, witty, well read, not much money but great to be around.

:o

She is surely not looking for a meal ticket. Farang are too smart nowadays to get burned.

HAA!!!!!!!!!, Seriously? Too smart, every time a farang pays a bargirl they are getting burned.

I too always get offended by this question. I sometimes would like to reply "That reminds me, where are all the nice Thais? Everywhere I go I get ripped off.." or whatever.

Can't see how it could offend anyone. :o

I think she is asking a reasonable question, though her chances of finding a nice available Farang who don't just want to shag her a few times then dump her are very slim indeed.

I have been asked a similar question myself before and had to tell the woman that I didn't know any decent nice Farangs myself and to let me know if she ever found one. :D

HAA!!!!!!!!!, Seriously? Too smart, every time a farang pays a bargirl they are getting burned.

I'm sure they don't mind.

Really, there are countless decent, hard-working, moral, fairly good-looking, non-crazy Thai women out there who would consider trying to make a relationship with a similar kind of farang man. They are not all in downtown Bangkok, either. The Thai teachers of English with whom I worked in the province were often divorced, well educated, well paid (18K to 32K per month, back in 2003-2005) and literate in English. Two or three of them confided in me that they had tried internet dating sites, only to find too many of the farang coming on too strong, too fast about sex. Had I wished to, I could discreetly have dated them off-campus. One of them struck up an affair with an African-American whom she may marry. It really is a positive to find a man who does not smoke, drink, gamble, or whore around. Maybe there are not many Thai men in that category, either.

"Farang are too smart nowadays to get burned"????

You must be joking. There seems to be scores of them (arriving every day) willing to fork over all sorts of assets, in relationships with women, whose motives are not exactly out of Sunday school.

Bad news for all you nice farangs. If a Thai woman will give you oral sex she is a former sex worker.

I see most people ignored this because it's so incredibly idiotic. I should have too, but couldn't resist.

Peace blondie are you one of these English teachers in their 3000 baht a month room with a fan? Sad.

These kind of insults are the ugly side of Thai Visa. They are almost never punished, but I visit much less frequently than I would if I knew such drivel was not a part of the board.

She can meet sorry ass loser English teachers all over. One step up from the Mormon missionaries. But they do dress the same. Too bad they are all brokeass.
Not true at all. Many good Thai women have met good English teachers who made over 35K every month, and most of them are agnostics with university degrees and good teeth. She merely has to use reasonable judgment, which your post does not indicate. Have a good day.

You say 35K a month like thats some money. :o I would hate too see what you consider to be brokeass English teachers.

......nice Farangs or Farangs from Nice ? I'm confused. Technically, because Nice is is spelled with a capital N in the topic title, then I must presume Farangs from Nice...in that case you will find them at Cafe de Paris, Le Bouchon, Auberge Dab, Le Banyan, French Embassy etc.....

One young lady of my acquaintance solved her problem in a rather unique way. She had come to Pattaya to find a farang husband but there was no way that she was going to get into the bar trade or settle for restaurant or hotel employment.

She directly approached a friend of mine on Second Road and said that she was looking for a man to take care of her on the basis that she would do the same for him. She is a very attractive, perky, well dressed young lady and so his attention was grabbed. She said that she was University educated and it was obvious that she had a fine command of the English language. He was taken aback, if not flabbergasted, but managed to stutter out that the idea was not without merit. In that case she said lets go find some coffee and talk about it.

He was obviously not one of the cerebrally challenged dipso types and looked, dressed and conducted himself in keeping with what he actually was, a retired management type with a comfortable lifestyle and the means to sustain it. However, he was fairly partial to regular sessions of horizontal athletics and had availed himself of many lady's charms. I suspect however that the rake's life was beginning to pall and he was ready for a regular relationship. Their discussion ended with the agreement that they would get together on a trial basis. On the fourth or fifth night she slipped into his bed in the early hours although they didn't get down to the main event until a few nights later.

A couple of years later they married and the reception was a swell affair that must have cost a pretty penny. She swanned around in her wedding dress playing Queen Bee for the day but in a childlike way that was completely acceptable, even amusing. They have been together now for 7 years and are both blissfully happy. After about 3 years she asked if he minded her dispensing with birth control, she wanted them to become parents to complete their happiness she said, and so it proved. His young daughter is the apple of his eye, he is content to stay home and I can barely remember him coming out for a social drink.

P.S. I think I'm going gaga. Writing the above makes me feel like a contributor to a woman's magazine. :o

You say 35K a month like thats some money. :o I would hate too see what you consider to be brokeass English teachers.

And YOU act like that's no money?? If that's the case, please send me 35k, i really would have a good use for it (i earn HALF that and am still happy here!)

Thanh

If she has to ask, then she's probably not suitable for an introduction... :o

I often hear this question from Thais I know. Often they have little understanding of farang culture, which in itself is a good enough reason for not introducing them... Cross cultural relationships can be complex, even for those who know what they are getting themselves into. So why bother starting from scratch with someone who knows very little? Much better to start a relationship with someone who has some experience of whiteys.

Putting together a Thai girl who knows very little about farangs, and a whitey who knows nothing about Thailand and Thai girls is often a receipe for disaster. Both want to live a dream, but all too often different dreams which are not compatible... :D

What a "good" Thai girl/woman usually mean when she say a "nice" falang, is nothing more sinister than that she want a life partner which is stable finacially, not a drunkard nor a womanizer. (and also in many cases someone who do not mind that she has a child already and/or has been married before)

What a"not-so-good" Thai girl/woman mean is that she want a walking atm which turns a blind eye to her "personal" activities. :o:D :D

Edited by Fun2Fun

I don't think the lady is likely to meet so-called nice farang in a bar,and the same is true all over the world.I don't think Thailand is any different from anywhere else in that way.There are plenty of places to meet people.The market,the beach,anywhere there are people really. Usually though when Thai women talk about a nice farang,one of the preprequisites is they have money.Enough to buy them a house and take care of family,etc.I don't think the English teachers here fall into that category if they are making 35 K a month.In fact I think being an English teacher here is one step up from being homeless anywhere else.I am not trying to belittle English teachers.They just don't make very much money.It doesn't make them bad people.