Where Are All The Nice Farangs?

DaiHard

I was asked by a Thai lady the other day where she could meet nice farangs. What she meant were ones that didn't hang around girlie bars (at least not all the time anyway), didn't drink themselves senseless every night and/or get into fights with the locals, had a job/income and a relatively normal lifestyle. I told her go to the middle of Bangkok but she demurred. You'd have thought I was asking her to take a trip to Rangoon, the reason being we live in the enema insertion point of Bangkok (aka Bang Khae) and you don't volunteer to travel on Phetkasem.

But it does raise an interesting point; are there farangs over here in the western fringes or do you all hang around downtown?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How old is she? Does she speak any English? Does she have a job? Why does she want a farang man? Most of the foreign men, particularly outside BKK have been snagged by Thai ladies and/or are married to them. The available ones (men) are under a barstool somewhere. Maybe she might get lucky in the resort areas to meet a foreign man here on holiday, if she has the necessary attributes. If not, there is the internet meat-market.

I had a think to myself ref your question and the only good farang guys i know are married or gf.The ones on their own will be dead in 5 years due to excessive drink and tobacco and sex/no condoms.Just crazy men that dont care about themselves.

I was asked by a Thai lady the other day where she could meet nice farangs. What she meant were ones that didn't hang around girlie bars (at least not all the time anyway), didn't drink themselves senseless every night and/or get into fights with the locals, had a job/income and a relatively normal lifestyle. I told her go to the middle of Bangkok but she demurred. You'd have thought I was asking her to take a trip to Rangoon, the reason being we live in the enema insertion point of Bangkok (aka Bang Khae) and you don't volunteer to travel on Phetkasem.

But it does raise an interesting point; are there farangs over here in the western fringes or do you all hang around downtown?

I drive down Phetkasem every day from my condo on Kallaprapruk (Phasi Charoen) to my factory in Omyai, and yes, it is not a great drive, but it is much better than the Suk, Sathorn, or any number of other routes. But she is going to have to travel somewhere or take some effort if she wants to meet "good" farangs. THere are not a million of them just hanging around Bang Khae waiting to find a g/f.

I used to live in Pin Klao, and there are a number of farangs there, but they are mostly younger (25 and younger), so depending on her age, that may be fine for her or not. But even there, I don't know where they hang out. I rarely see them at California Fitness, and the ones I see at Central or at Major are usually on the arms of a girl (Thai or farang) already.

If she is young, she might want to try Koh San. I know that is in BKK, but it isn't far from Pin Klao, and there are many young farangs passing through. I ams reu she can meet guys at the couple discos there, but probably not guys who are goign to be around THailand much. These are mostly tourists.

I would suggest she become more pro-active. Join one of the gazillion matchmaking websites, then sort through the chaff to try and find someone who meets her definition of "good." But once again, it is going to take time and effort to do that sorting.

I think the fringes are going to be hard just because the concentration is low and it would seem to be rather random how and when you would meet someone. But I live and work central so I don’t get to the fringes much.

Depending on her background and interests, and willingness to come to central Bangkok, there a plenty of professional networking social meetings. Check out the various Chambers of Commerce web sites for their calendars. Plenty of working single farang guys. For the social networking nights it’s cheap to get a few drink tickets and most are open to the public.

Check out Facebook. There are a number of Thailand groups around different interests that have regular meetings. Some are just fun social groups.

I’m a rather action plan type of person – if you want something you need to have a plan and work that plan. First she needs to be know her target farang is (would be good to define that) and where they hang out. Second she needs to be at that place on a regular basis. It’s a numbers game and if you have persistence things happen. Assuming she’s interesting to at least some of her target I bet if she did one social meeting or networking event a week over a few months she’d start having good things happen.

The Internet dating services can be good – but sides just need patience and common sense.

Edited by Valjean

Not easy to find a farang in Thailand.

Not really many long term Farang here in Thailand that are single or unattached or stay that way for long.

I would agree she maybe needs to go to a 'social dating' website there she would not pay to look for a farang. There she can maybe find one or two that she might fancy.

I live out East. Srinakarin Area. Close to Seacon Square.

As shy as the Thai ladies are - I too am reluctant to start up a conversation with a stranger.

Which is why I find most of my bedmates in bars like Beer Garden Soi 7 or Washingtom Square. I know I'll get oral on the first date.

As shy as the Thai ladies are - I too am reluctant to start up a conversation with a stranger.

Which is why I find most of my bedmates in bars like Beer Garden Soi 7 or Washingtom Square. I know I'll get oral on the first date.

And I'll bet you are the type she is just breaking her neck to meet - in your dreams.

I normally almost never associate with farang's because there is such a large group of less then desireables. So its hard to find normal guys. I myself live in Banjay. I understand its hard to find a good farang. Just as it is hard to find a good single thai in Holland.

I was asked by a Thai lady the other day where she could meet nice farangs. What she meant were ones that didn't hang around girlie bars (at least not all the time anyway), didn't drink themselves senseless every night and/or get into fights with the locals, had a job/income and a relatively normal lifestyle.

I was on course to be her main squeeze until I ran smackdab into this .. which probably needs some additional guidelines.

But tell here that if she is actually single, speaks english, is between 45-55, is a killer-good C++ programmer and UNIX guru; I'll pay her way to Cha am and buy dinner.:o

well! ................................................................................

.................................................................................

.......... :o

Hi :o

I live in Bangna, near BITEC. 33 years old, don't drink a drop (of alcohol, that is), don't smoke, don't go to bars (any, not just the "girly" type), have a full time job and stable income, own a car and a motorbike.

Oh, and i'm gay :D

Best regards....

Thanh

I was asked by a Thai lady the other day where she could meet nice farangs.

What she meant were ones that didn't hang around girlie bars (at least not all the time anyway), didn't drink themselves senseless every night and/or get into fights with the locals, had a job/income and a relatively normal lifestyle.

Ask her where she has looked and has found nice thai men, if she cannot find nice thai man then perhaps the anwer lies with her expectations?

As for the drunk, agressive, female chasing farangs perhaps they are trying a bit too hard to blend in with the local customs?

roy gsd

Perhaps a little too much information................

roy gsd :o:D:D

She can meet sorry ass loser English teachers all over. One step up from the Mormon missionaries. But they do dress the same. Too bad they are all brokeass.
Not true at all. Many good Thai women have met good English teachers who made over 35K every month, and most of them are agnostics with university degrees and good teeth. She merely has to use reasonable judgment, which your post does not indicate. Have a good day.

She can meet sorry ass loser English teachers all over. One step up from the Mormon missionaries. But they do dress the same. Too bad they are all brokeass.
Not true at all. Many good Thai women have met good English teachers who made over 35K every month, and most of them are agnostics with university degrees and good teeth. She merely has to use reasonable judgment, which your post does not indicate. Have a good day.

35K????? That barely pays rent on a decent place here.

PeaceBlondie, are you one of these English teachers in their 3000 baht a month room with a fan? Sad.
No, I am not. I live in a better moobahn than most ThaiVisa members do. I cannot recall knowing an English teacher in a 3000 baht fan room. In fact, my pensions add to over twice what the best Thai teachers make. I know native speaking teachers here (not all teach English) on salaries of over 80K. Many such teachers have married good Thai women from middle and upper class families.

Bad news for all you nice farangs. If a Thai woman will give you oral sex she is a former sex worker.

Peace blondie are you one of these English teachers in their 3000 baht a month room with a fan? Sad.

Mate, i myself am NOT an English teacher (nor any sort of teacher) but i live very happily in a 3,500-Baht-room with a fan (and an air condition). I feel absolutely nothing "sad" about that. It's got 4 walls, a waterproof ceiling and high-speed internet (probably a better line than certain places that cost 50k rent alone). I stay in this very room since the day i arrived in Thailand for the first time, that was on 7th December 2000. Yup, i love to live here (and since the landlady never raises the rent i'm now the longest-term tenant she ever had in this building and also have the cheapest room - same room today cost 5.000 Baht, but i guess that's still too cheap for you.

I guess you drive an S-Class too, for the 150 meters to the closest booze store?

You don't know what life is when you don't know the lower levels of it.

Best regards....

Thanh

Just tell her I live in Germany but I'll be over soon and to keep the motor running.

She'll recognise me immediately, I so stand out from the average hoi poloi.

Oh, and don't tell her I'm a man of moderate means and wise to all the curent ploys Thai girls have for shafting farangs or she might be

put off.

Many good farangs are very shy and dont want to be rude to nice ladies. So I think she will have to meet them halfway and maybe initiate a bit of conversation. Try talking to the lonely guy eating sushi in Fuji, or the couple of guys discussing the big "now showing"-sign at the top floor of Paragon or ask some guy in pantip plaza which camera he thinks you should buy. Smile a lot, laugh at his jokes and ask if he would like to join you for a cup of coffee. Good luck!

Hi :D

I live in Bangna, near BITEC. 33 years old, don't drink a drop (of alcohol, that is), don't smoke, don't go to bars (any, not just the "girly" type), have a full time job and stable income, own a car and a motorbike.

Oh, and i'm gay :D

Best regards....

Thanh

and whats that go :o t to do with the price of fish? :D:D:D

Roy gsd