Chiang Mai Is Not Pattaya, Phuket Or Bkk

mobs00

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone knows of a map or directory or Business to Business that lists the expat businesses in our community.

I prefer to spend my money on other expat ventures. I need some living room furniture and appliances. Does anyone know of an expat business that sells these?

I just feel more comfortable supporting someone who has also decided to live here in Chiang Mai. There is a certain level of trust I have dealing with other expat owned businesses.

Cheers.

Mobs

there is no such directory that i know, but if you look up on people with ad in chiang mai mail or other english publication... most of them tend to be expat owned businesses......

there are also several groups which can also link you to other excpats with businesses in chinag mai......

hmmm i dont know about furniture but i know there are a few in baan tawai and on the san khampeang rd.

"If you believe in freedom of speech, you believe in freedom of speech for views you don't like. Goebbels was in favor of freedom of speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you're in favor of freedom of speech, that means you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise."

Noam Chomsky

As previously stated, there are plenty of Farang owned businesses in Hang Dong and Baan Tawai, I know this as I used to have a restuarant there......just got to look around.

But what if you get a better price from a Thai owned company...how far will your loyalty stretch?

But what if you get a better price from a Thai owned company...how far will your loyalty stretch?

If I have read this thread correctly, it is not a question so much of the loyalty mobs00 has to farangs as it is a lack of trust he has in Thais.

If I have read this thread correctly, it is not a question so much of the loyalty mobs00 has to farangs as it is a lack of trust he has in Thais.

You are both wrong. It is about supporting other expats here in Chiang Mai.

You are both wrong. It is about supporting other expats here in Chiang Mai.

Then your thinking appears to have changed from your opening post, where you said:

I just feel more comfortable supporting someone who has also decided to live here in Chiang Mai. There is a certain level of trust I have dealing with other expat owned businesses.

That means that you do not have as much trust dealing with Thai-owned businesses.