Where Can Learn To Become A Thai Chef?

lekandgary

THAI COOKING TUITION

Can someone help me in telling me where i can locate anywhere in Thailand a chef school that teaches in english and is not one of these 1- 3 day tourist courses, but a real chefs training albeit by classroom or one to one tuition.

THANKS

Gary

These used to offer a longer course but I don't know if the school is still being run:

http://www.gourmetthailand.com

I did hear good and not so good reports about them.

I have heard of an Asian cookery school in Canada if that might be of interest.

Let us know if you find something.

Thank you for your reply, i checked out your information and even if it is operating it seems to expensive because it combines cookery classes with a holiday resort and i don't need that as i am living i Thailand for quite sometime.

I have however found this cooking school and would wounder if ANYONE could comment on this venue.

www.wandeethaicooking.com

Thanks again

Gary

www.wandeethaicooking.com

If teaching in English language is essential, then the above is unsuitable. They state quite clearly on their website that all teaching is in Thai language.

Their longer chef courses are in Thai.......but there are shorter courses.....just a few dishes which are in English but these I wouldn't be suitable for learning to be a chef. It's a real shame. I would be interested in one of those courses too if they were in English

as i'm going to thailand next weekend, i had thought about going to a cookery class. yes, i know i'm a tourist, and yes, i know the cost of the class is expensive as it lasts a short amout of time. but is it the real deal? i love my spice and so i wouldnt want a fobbed off thai meal. i would like to use lots of thai ingredients but i have a feeling this wouldnt be the case. could anyone tell me if they have joined one of these classses before. if tis the real deal or just the normal tourist run of the mill

Wandee seems good, I was considering taking their professional cook course. I called them and found that their schedule is very flexible, each student has his/her own cooking station, and the instructor walks around observing the students as they prepare the food, and provides individual instruction if you're having trouble. You also get a proper certificate from the Ministry of Education, in English. However, as mentioned above, I believe it is in Thai.

But you could always pay for my course and have me translate for you :o

Wandee seems good, I was considering taking their professional cook course. I called them and found that their schedule is very flexible, each student has his/her own cooking station, and the instructor walks around observing the students as they prepare the food, and provides individual instruction if you're having trouble. You also get a proper certificate from the Ministry of Education, in English. However, as mentioned above, I believe it is in Thai.

What do you mean by your last sentence? Do you mean......pay for the wanadee course and you to translate?

What do you mean by your last sentence? Do you mean......pay for the wanadee course and you to translate?

Yes, live interpretation, if you pay for my enrollment in the course :D

• 5 months later...
THAI COOKING TUITION

Can someone help me in telling me where i can locate anywhere in Thailand a chef school that teaches in english and is not one of these 1- 3 day tourist courses, but a real chefs training albeit by classroom or one to one tuition.

THANKS

Gary

Siam Cooking School in Bangkok supplies Thai Chefs to work abroad, teach tourists to cook home Thai foods and as well as offer tailor Chef course for Thai cuisine. We tailor chef course base on individual needs. We cover not just authentic Thai cuisine but we will go into kitchen and cost management if required by the chef student. Before we begin to accept a chef student's application, we will learn more about him or her and review his/her backgrounds and career plans. Even you want to open a Thai restaurant, there are more than cooking techniques that you are expected to be excel in to make your Thai restaurant a place whereby your customers want to come back. Visit our website at siamcookingschool . com to find out more information. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you.

Regards,

Winsor Ooi

[email protected]

[email protected]