When Is The Real Loi Krathong?

Neeranam

Last night I went and did the loied my gratong in a local river in Isarn.

I thought that it was to do with "awk pansaa" the end of the Buddhist lent, but no, it was Loi Gratong. No-one really could answer my questions about if it really was or not. They mostly said that the Isarn festival was last night, but the national one next month :o The most knowledgeable sounding person said that it was the religious date for LG, but many people think it is the full moon in November, not always the 12th? lunar month.

Last night I went and did the loied my gratong in a local river in Isarn.

I thought that it was to do with "awk pansaa" the end of the Buddhist lent, but no, it was Loi Gratong. No-one really could answer my questions about if it really was or not. They mostly said that  the Isarn festival was last night, but the national one next month  :o The most knowledgeable sounding person said that it was the religious date for LG, but many people think it is the full moon in November, not always the 12th? lunar month.

I believe it is Nov 26 this year...

It is not always in November, I too remember it being held in Bangkok on 31 October!

As for ไต้ประทีปโคมไฟ(dtai bpratheeb khom fai) which I celebrated in Khon Kaen province last week. I have checked with the experts and KK is the only place in Thailand that Lois Grathongs at this time. Outside KK, an also in some places, the National LG day is later this month. Loy Grathong is celebrated in Khon Kaen province to pay respects to Lord Buddha. So, Khon Kaen is the only place in Thailand to have this festival.

a poll conducted among 1,330 high-school and vocational students in bkk reveals that 7.5% of respondents plan to have sex on 'Loy Krathong' night night, while 10.4% said they planned to stay in with their lovers. it also revealed that 31.3% of young men and 9.9% of young women already had sex... :D

the average age of thai teens having sex for the first time was 16 years, with most viewing sex as a 'common and natural' thing. only one-fifth had used condoms. :o the poll said that in three months, 20% of respondents had had sex 6-10 times, 24.5% 3-5 times, and about 40% no more than two times...

a chulalongkorn university education lecturer said free sex has become the most critical problem among thai teens. free sex :D had come from western culture, but thai teens had adopted only part of the message. in the west, sex usually came with responsibility that lead to people setting up families, but what happened in thai society was different...

western people generally stop their sexual relationships when they have found the right person, but thai youngsters think free sex means they can sleep with whoever they want... good news for us farangs who like the 18+ uni students :D

welcome back harry! we missed you :D

> Hi does anyone knows where you can download the Loi Krathong song ?

I have a dance version of it on mp3. :o)

It's almost as horrible as the dance version of Saow Chiang Mai / Chiang Mai girl. :D

Still, I could upload it if there's interest.

Cheers,

Chanchao

a poll conducted among 1,330 high-school and vocational students in bkk reveals that 7.5% of respondents plan to have sex on 'Loy Krathong' night night, while 10.4% said they planned to stay in with their lovers. it also revealed that 31.3% of young men and 9.9% of young women already had sex... :D

the average age of thai teens having sex for the first time was 16 years, with most viewing sex as a 'common and natural' thing. only one-fifth had used condoms. :o the poll said that in three months, 20% of respondents had had sex 6-10 times, 24.5% 3-5 times, and about 40% no more than two times...

a chulalongkorn university education lecturer said free sex has become the most critical problem among thai teens. free sex :D had come from western culture, but thai teens had adopted only part of the message. in the west, sex usually came with responsibility that lead to people setting up families, but what happened in thai society was different...

western people generally stop their sexual relationships when they have found the right person, but thai youngsters think free sex means they can sleep with whoever they want... good news for us farangs who like the 18+ uni students :D

welcome back harry! we missed you :D

You keep this up and permanent is the way you'll go. Meanwhile take another 7 to contemplate your own stupidity.

[/quote