Icky,sticky Goo Glue !

SwaziBird

I've long know the benefits of using eucalyptus oil as a solvent to remove the goo that holds labels.

But the glue/gum salesman in Thailand seems to be peddling the worst adhesive known to mankind !! Bottles of eucalyptus oil fail to remove some of these labels when only a few drops would have done the trick in Australia.

I won't labour the point, since I'm certain we all know about the problem.

Any solutions, please ?

Thank you.

Cheers.

Edited by SwaziBird

Rubber cement works in some cases - spread some on, then peel it off.

Speaking of which, I've spent the past couple weeks searching CM high and low for a quantity of rubber cement. Not contact adhesive, which is different than real rubber cement. I tried Home Pro & TOA and surprisingly they don't stock it. I found a small bottle in a craft shop but it was old and nearly half had evaporated.

I need several litres of the stuff. Any ideas where?

Edited by clokwise

I've long know the benefits of using eucalyptus oil as a solvent to remove the goo that holds labels.

But the glue/gum salesman in Thailand seems to be peddling the worst adhesive known to mankind !! Bottles of eucalyptus oil fail to remove some of these labels when only a few drops would have done the trick in Australia.

Any solutions, please ?

Thank you.

Cheers.

Different adhesives require different solvents. Some work with alcohol, others nail polish remover, others need Stoddard Solvent (the stuff in WD40) etc. But for a real universal solvent (that will also really rot out our brain cells so use it in a well ventilated area) try carburetor cleaner. But do NOT use it on plastics! It will melt right through!

Any solutions, please ?

Thank you.

Cheers.

Different adhesives require different solvents. Some work with alcohol, others nail polish remover, others need Stoddard Solvent (the stuff in WD40) etc. But for a real universal solvent (that will also really rot out our brain cells so use it in a well ventilated area) try carburetor cleaner. But do NOT use it on plastics! It will melt right through!

Thanks everyone, for all the help.

Appreciated.

Cheers