Classic Cars

CCCP

I have just purchased 2 classic cars from my GF's uncle who has a garage. An Austin 1300 and a 1965 Fiat 1500. My GF informs me there is no insurance available for classic cars. Is this true? The cars need totaly rebuilding so there of little value anyway, and this is just purely for my own personal interest.

In the garage also is a Ford Zephyr Zodiac and a Austin A40.

• 2 weeks later...
I have just purchased 2 classic cars from my GF's uncle who has a garage. An Austin 1300 and a 1965 Fiat 1500. My GF informs me there is no insurance available for classic cars. Is this true? The cars need totaly rebuilding so there of little value anyway, and this is just purely for my own personal interest.

I have a fantastic 32 year old Mazda pick up I bought on a whim for 50K Baht 4 years ago. I bought it just to collect personal building and gardening materials while I built my house. It is in tip top condition and now I find myself driving it for fun... My new Toyota Wish and Sport Rider is guzzle juice while 500 Baht in my Merry Mazda lasts 2 weeks The expressions of pity the local Thai's give me when they see me behind the wheel is priceless.... Anyway I have the most basic of third party insurance which costs me 1500 Baht a year. It is with MSIG Insurance in Bangkok tel is 02-3188318 Web Site www.msig-thai.com

CCCP

Thai Visa Insurance can offer 1st Class insurance for classic cars – please note they have to be over 25 years old and not be used as an every day car.

Nip

Please note the 3rd Class you have only covers third parties and does not help ‘your pride and joy’ should anything happen to it.

Please next year please ask Thai Visa Insurance for a quote – example, we can offer 3rd Class for an old vehicle at 2,222 Baht !

• 4 weeks later...

When you have 'totally re-built them' they WILL have substantial values, won't they? So take the other poster's advice and do look at insurance seriously.

And please PM me re the other cars, the Ford and the A.40. Interested!