Timing Of Extention?

O.K., here is my situation and question... My current visa states that I have until Nov. 23, 2004 to leave the Kingdom... I have a flight scheduled for Dec. 7th... I am up in Issan and not close to an Immagration Office, though maybe making a trip to Mukdahan the first part of next week... Can I apply for the Visa Extention prior to the last 30 days of my current Visa, or in other words can or will they give me the required dates when I apply, or will it just be 30 days from the date of the application???

Thanks,

Pianoman

Guess it needs some more details b 4 anybody can comment.

When did you arrrive in LoS and did you enter with a visa or under the visa-exemption?

If you had a visa was it for tourists or non-immigration, single or multiple?

It might be helpful to know your nationality as well.

Axel,

I am an American, have a 6 month / 3 Entry Tourist Visa that is good until Feb. or 05... Came into Thailand the end (24th) of Sept... And again. have reservations to fly out on the 7th of Dec... I know the best way would be wait until closer to the expiration of the current stamp, but my schedule suggests either Mukdahan next week, or Surin during the Elephant Round-Up... And I am a little affraid that the Surin office might be closed with all of the festivaties going on around the Elephant Round-Up... Then I would be dangerously close to "Overstaying"...

Pianoman

1. A visa never gives a date you have to exit the Kingdom. Only the permission to stay stamp has that information. The date on a visa is just a use by date.

2. If you have a tourist visa (60 day stay) you can apply for an extension of 30 days or less and the time should start at the end of the 60 day stay (so you can do it early and not lose days). Although I would make the application after November 8 just to be sure myself. :o

Axel,

I am an American, have a 6 month / 3 Entry Tourist Visa that is good until Feb. or 05...  Came into Thailand the end (24th) of Sept...  And again. have reservations to fly out on the 7th of Dec...  I know the best way would be wait until closer to the expiration of the current stamp, but my schedule suggests either Mukdahan next week, or Surin during the Elephant Round-Up...  And I am a little affraid that the Surin office might be closed with all of the festivaties going on around the Elephant Round-Up...  Then I would be dangerously close to "Overstaying"...

Pianoman

As far as I am aware, the immigration office at Kab Cheong will not be closed during the elephant festival. However, it is only open Monday to Friday. Given your visa, you can either extend it at Kab Cheong (30 days - Bht 1,900) or otherwise leave the country at Chong Chom and get a further 60 days (approx Bht 1,500 to the Khmers). The telephone number for Kab Cheong immigration office is 044 559 166 if you wish to check.

If you are coming to Surin for the festival, I would suggest that you book your hotel early (at extortionate prices albeit) as they tend to fill up.

If you need any further information, PM or eMail me and I'll do my best to help.