Drainage At Lamdin Market...

It is good to see that some effort has been made to solve the regular flooding problems at lamdin market,over the years it has always been a headache trying to ride/swim through during the rains.I watched the workmen fit huge concrete pipes below the ground,compared to the tiny ones that they pulled out,i am guessing that they should help big time.Its good to see some government cash being spent on the island,i hope the bon kai road is finished soon too,that was another nightmare with its flooding!

It is good to see that some effort has been made to solve the regular flooding problems at lamdin market,over the years it has always been a headache trying to ride/swim through during the rains.I watched the workmen fit huge concrete pipes below the ground,compared to the tiny ones that they pulled out,i am guessing that they should help big time.Its good to see some government cash being spent on the island,i hope the bon kai road is finished soon too,that was another nightmare with its flooding!

Yep, finally they are at it!

Hasn't rained yet, at least not enough to test it!

Believe there are some people who do feel very, very, very compelled about the infrastructure on Samui Island....

somebody must be listening. the re-designed public friendly viewpoint area half chaweng half lamai looks very nice and modern, safe, user friendly etc, hel_l it even has food carts collecting in the front now so it certainly helps the economy even if only a little bit, plus the way they have redone the road through bangrak looks great. looks like bangrak is now the place to be.

would be nice to get some accurate figures on tourist numbers as i believe they are declining and have probably given the 'moneyed' people on Samui enough of a kick up the jacksie to sort the infrastructure problems out, remember with all the bars up for sale poor little mafia man ain't getting his 40,000 a month rent money boo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o