Uk Settlement Of Visitor Visa

I would like to set up as permanent as possible residence in Thailand within a couple of years.

In the mean time i will be returning to work in the uk and would like my wife to join me while i get together the necessary funds.

Residing permanently in the Uk is not on the agenda but i would like my wife to be with me for the duration hassle free so the settlement visa is looking very appealing.

Can anyone help clarify a few things with regards to a Settlement Visa.

Is it possible for us to return to Thailand for our holidays, say for a month at a time?

If this is possible, how many times a year can this be done? It seems a lot less trouble taking this route than having to re appy every six months for a visitor visa, although this is still an option.

Is there a limit to the amount of times a person can be granted a visitor visa ( assuming we are eligable for one )

Taking into considertion my situation and presuming my wife is eligable for both visas, what are the pros and cons of opting for one or the other visas.

Any assistance will be very helpfull as will direction to any sites.

Thanks

Is it possible for us to return to Thailand for our holidays, say for a month at a time?

Yes.

If this is possible, how many times a year can this be done?

As many as you like. Your wife would be allowed to stay in the UK for 2 years. Within that time she could come and go as she pleases without having to get another visa.

Is there a limit to the amount of times a person can be granted a visitor visa

Technically, no. But if it became apparent that your wife was living in the UK on visit visas then she may be refused either a visa or entry.

Taking into considertion my situation and presuming my wife is eligable for both visas, what are the pros and cons of opting for one or the other visas.

The settlement visa would be a lot less hassle as your wife would be free to come and go as she wishes. Depending upon the circumstances she may be refused entry/visa when travelling on a visit visa.

Sorry, don't know what happened to the style of the post. Haven't got the hang of this new version yet.

Scouse.

If you are a dual national, having an entitlement to another European Union nationality as well as being British, there is another angle from which you can approach the issue. The visa is free and your wife would not be interviewed. If you fit this criterion then I'll give you the SP.

Cheers,

Scouse.