The Safest Water In Los

ETC

You can buy hydrogeological maps of all areas of Thailand from the Groundwater Division, which I think is now part of the Ministry of Science and Environment. They are color coded and show well yields, depths, static water level and some basic water chemistry. Books are also available showing data obtained from the huge number of wells drilled by government entities.

As a general answer to your question, I would say along the major river basins is your best bet. This means the Chao Phraya in the Central Plains area and the four major basins in northern Thailand. Generally speaking, depths are in the 100 to 300 metre range and yields of over 100 cu.m./hour can be obtained. The best wells in Bangkok are now around 600 metres deep as the shallower aquifers have been contaminated and depleted by over pumping.

Unfortunately the north-east does not have much potential for large scale production with the exception of a couple of limited areas and industry is already exploiting these.

Boksida

Excellent information. Thank You! :o

ETC; the area where I have farm intrest is near (1 klick) the Fang River, (some spell it faang) which is east of Fang town. We have drilled 2 wells, 10 meters total depth, with pipe going thru about 3 meter of fine sand into about 2 meter of pea gravel. gravel goes deeper, dont know how much though. water level in wells is at 2+- meter year round. Wells are 3 inch cased, use 3 inch pump driven by 5 hp engine. Have pumped for over 24 hours at max volume without loseing water volume. I drink the water as do neighbors, as well as using it for irrigation. Boksida may be able to better define the limits of this source. I asked local govt prior to drilling and got the blank stare and think I heard something about farang baa during the course of the conservation. That was 12 years ago, now there are several irrigation wells in the area. I have watched the hill tribe farmers north of Chiang Dao using spring water coming out of the hills/mountains for irrigation, this seems to be a year round flow but that would need to verfied as would volumes quality etc.

ETC; the area where I have farm intrest is near (1 klick) the Fang River, (some spell it faang) which is east of Fang town. We have drilled 2 wells, 10 meters total depth, with pipe going thru about 3 meter of fine sand into about 2 meter of pea gravel. gravel goes deeper, dont know how much though. water level in wells is at 2+- meter year round. Wells are 3 inch cased, use 3 inch pump driven by 5 hp engine. Have pumped for over 24 hours at max volume without loseing water volume. I drink the water as do neighbors, as well as using it for irrigation. Boksida may be able to better define the limits of this source. I asked local govt prior to drilling and got the blank stare and think I heard something about farang baa during the course of the conservation. That was 12 years ago, now there are several irrigation wells in the area. I have watched the hill tribe farmers north of Chiang Dao using spring water coming out of the hills/mountains for irrigation, this seems to be a year round flow but that would need to verfied as would volumes quality etc.

slapout

Excellent information and discription. I previously planned on visiting your area and now you have peaked my interest .

Thanks again. :o

The photo below is an example of the maps available from the Government. This particular one is of Northern Thailand - dark blue areas are the best, grading through blue then green and then brown represents hard rock areas with low water well yields. I think they are very professionally researched and prepared.

Unfortunately I have laminated all the maps I have into wall mounts and have no other way to reproduce them other than photographing.

post-42103-1214291008_thumb.jpg

The photo below is an example of the maps available from the Government. This particular one is of Northern Thailand - dark blue areas are the best, grading through blue then green and then brown represents hard rock areas with low water well yields. I think they are very professionally researched and prepared.

Unfortunately I have laminated all the maps I have into wall mounts and have no other way to reproduce them other than photographing.

post-42103-1214291008_thumb.jpg

Boksida

Thank you for the sample map. I will look into that when I return to LOS :o