Evaluate My Photo

MadArt

I done this shoot few month back with using sun light for all the shots. Gears Nikon D50 and Tamron 17-50 f2.8. My mistake that i noticed was too abusing the hi light.

20080310-_DSC0056copy.jpg

20080310-DSC_0222copy.jpg

20080310-_DSC0153copy.jpg

All coments are well come. :o

Matt

The biggest problem for me with these 3 shots are they are just not sharp. Still life and product shots really do have to be tack sharp.

The first shot of the cake has a disturbing background which almost fuses into the the principle subject. Also the cake looks a little lop-sided and appears to falling over. It's placement in the frame also seems incorrect being on the left as opposed to central. I assume here you were attempting to balance the image with the 2 background items but I don't think it's worked.

The second shot is a lot better but again seems to be leaning. Maybe better also without the place mat?

The third shot just doesn't work for me.

Sorry to be critical but balance and tack sharpness are essential in still life.

Thx Vulcan for your honest opponion. :o your comments really helps.

I think you are rite bout the DOF, too used to shoot with low DOF to make the object look more 3D instead of all sharp and i only able to push my F.no up to around F7 - 10 because im using avalable light, should had have a proper setting but i got informed last min by them. Still lack of experience in shooting food because dont really have much to practice but i will take note and be more careful next time. :D

Happy that u point them out. Thx.

Matt