Would You Drink Tap Water

Drink tap water?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Would you drink tap water

• Yes, I trust the authorities
    • No way

This poll is closed to new votes

The Provincial Waterworks Authority and the Department of Health announced on June 5 at Nathon pier that Koh Samui is the 104th area in the country where tap water is “safe to drink.”

Koh Samui waterworks office manager Vicharn Ningnoi said the quality of tap water being distributed for consumption purposes

Source: http://news.samuiexpress.net/index.php?limitstart=2

yeah saw that too hilarious i hope no-one is foolish enough to believe it. 6 months ago i cut my finger and stupidly had a shower, the cut immediately got infected and i lost my fingernail as a result and have waited 6 months for it to grow back, bl**dy Samui water. Also i have been advised if you have a motorbike accident whatever you do Don't clean the wounds with tap water. I do however brush my teeth in tap water, as long as you spit the water out a number of times afterwards you won't get the Sh*ts!!!!!

:o

we use it for cleaning teeth since....and in the hot water pot, for tea, coffee, instant noodles, whatever needs hot water ... 1990.. never ever had a problem!

Edited by Samuian

We will be selling our new line of UF Posedion (our spelling for TM) water filters next month(mid July). They take out 99.99% of all Bacteria and Viruses. The system is low pressure (less than 3 bar) with outputs from 500 L/Hr up to 7500 L/Hr for the commercial size. Can have either manual or automatic back wash. You can use well water, pond water, Klong water and water you want, obviously the source will determine the pre-treatment needed. Works great for swimming pools, reduces chemicals by 75%.

Does Not Remove Salt, you still need an R.O. for that.

Please PM me for details

Farang62

The Provincial Waterworks Authority and the Department of Health announced on June 5 at Nathon pier that Koh Samui is the 104th area in the country where tap water is “safe to drink.”

Koh Samui waterworks office manager Vicharn Ningnoi said the quality of tap water being distributed for consumption purposes

Source: http://news.samuiexpress.net/index.php?limitstart=2

the only tap water i drink is out of my water cooler with tescos water inside there again not sure i fully trust that could be tap water for all i know. well what u gonna do. might aswell drink sea water. i feel funny. good night or good morning errrrrrrrrrrrrrr

How many of you live in buildings or homes that utilize water storage tanks either on the roof or beside the house? There was a fairly repulsive thread that ran a few months ago about the condition of those tanks. One tank, if I remember, had two compartments: one for soil waste water and one for drinking water. Turned out the separation wall in the middle was quite leaky.* :o

*Quoted here...

The tank for the soil waste was right next to the tap water tank. Sharing the same wall. Now before my time the sealant was not checked and cracks had developed, which allowed the soiled water to seap right through the wall and into the tap water tank. This resulted in many residents in hospital from drinking the tap water. Thankfully everyone recovered.
Edited by toptuan

How many of you live in buildings or homes that utilize water storage tanks either on the roof or beside the house? There was a fairly repulsive thread that ran a few months ago about the condition of those tanks. One tank, if I remember, had two compartments: one for soil waste water and one for drinking water. Turned out the separation wall in the middle was quite leaky.* :o

*Quoted here...

The tank for the soil waste was right next to the tap water tank. Sharing the same wall. Now before my time the sealant was not checked and cracks had developed, which allowed the soiled water to seap right through the wall and into the tap water tank. This resulted in many residents in hospital from drinking the tap water. Thankfully everyone recovered.

I HEARD THAT ALL OF ISSAN WATER WAS BAD! :D

*Quoted here...

I HEARD THAT ALL OF ISSAN WATER WAS BAD! :D

i herd there was an out break of legonairs desease a few years ago in phuket. doesn' t that come from dirty water or funguss or something

someone should do a 30 day documentury and drink samui tap water for 30 days then check there health before and after. Is anyone strong enough for the challenge

maybe if u savive you get 10 million baht. the assumption is that u will not. anyone want a bet. whoops thats illegal in thailand alright a sportsmans bet

a few times in the past when i had run out of drinking water i drank tap water, just a little, for one small glass or to make coffee. each time i got a big headache after, so never again :o

a few times in the past when i had run out of drinking water i drank tap water, just a little, for one small glass or to make coffee. each time i got a big headache after, so never again :o

Strange, same thing happens when I drink to much whiskey.

Must be the brown color.

we use it for cleaning teeth since....and in the hot water pot, for tea, coffee, instant noodles, whatever needs hot water ... 1990.. never ever had a problem!

You should be carefull, to sterilise water it needs to be boiled fairly vigorously for around ten minutes (I recall). The temperatures attained in those pump action hot water "kettles" is not enough to ensure all them there microanimalorganisations are killed.

I'm not in Samui, or Thailand for that matter, but I wouldn't drink the tap water in any S.E. Asian country apart from maybe Singapore but even then would only do so as a last resort.

Been drinking it for years and I never felt better. I can walk up walls and have X-ray vision too. The gills are bit of a distraction, but take the good with the bad I always say.

TAB is TAB

Some people get it from their own well. City water however is an other case. Best of luck to start to drink it

from regular tab provided by most places... People who can afford it can REALLY feel the difference.

You should be carefull, to sterilise water it needs to be boiled fairly vigorously for around ten minutes (I recall). The temperatures attained in those pump action hot water "kettles" is not enough to ensure all them there microanimalorganisations are killed.

I'm not in Samui, or Thailand for that matter, but I wouldn't drink the tap water in any S.E. Asian country apart from maybe Singapore but even then would only do so as a last resort.

i would only drink tap water out here is it was a choice between my own body fluid or tap water but i still might have to flip a coin :o

Been drinking it for years and I never felt better. I can walk up walls and have X-ray vision too. The gills are bit of a distraction, but take the good with the bad I always say.

TAB is TAB

Some people get it from their own well. City water however is an other case. Best of luck to start to drink it

from regular tab provided by most places... People who can afford it can REALLY feel the difference.

Hi Any idea of the cost in Samui for the water supply connection and meters etc. I.E if it has to come from main road etc, is it per meter for pipe ??.

What is the system and who controls the supply etc. Any advise on going about the process etc from anyone ?.

Thanks

A.I

TAB is TAB

Hi Any idea of the cost in Samui for the water supply connection and meters etc. I.E if it has to come from main road etc, is it per meter for pipe ??.

What is the system and who controls the supply etc. Any advise on going about the process etc from anyone ?.

Thanks

A.I

There is a vid on the subject on youtube in 4 parts, just type in samui.