If Nok Air Goes Bankrupt

jaideeguy

A recent newspaper article on TV news clippings says that Nok air is going under. I just purchased a couple of tickets for flight in October this year and now wondering if and how I can get a refund or at least change to their parent company Thai airways?? or do I loose it if they go under??

A recent newspaper article on TV news clippings says that Nok air is going under. I just purchased a couple of tickets for flight in October this year and now wondering if and how I can get a refund or at least change to their parent company Thai airways?? or do I loose it if they go under??

Hope that's incorrect info, I like them, especially the paint jobs!

Mac

The most recent rumors I've heard is that they will suspend flights to Chiang Rai, Krabi and Ubon and will reduce frequency on some other routes. If you are impacted you should be able to get a full refund from Nok Air.

it would be a pity indeed if this airline goes under, and this other odd airline with questionable safety standards, that already led to a tragedy, survives..... apart from that, any kind of competition is good for the market and the customers....

but in case it really happens, I think you will be on the safe side, as THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL is a major shareholder and they can not afford to NOT refund NOK-passengers. that would have a major impact on their reputation....

I don't think Thai would let them go under. I also would hope they would transfer you onto one of their flights if Nok had to suspend service.

I'm actually fairly hopeful that this oil shock is just a bubble driven by unstable property and share markets and will correct itself, possibly with govt intervention..

Airlines all over the world are in danger of going bankrupt. Not every airline, but in every region. Some will. Nok Air surely could. Thai Airways is not somehow immune to this (they own Nok Air, right?). Anyway, I bet you could get your money back no matter what don't expect it to be in a timely manner.