Those Freaking Topic Ratings

Topic ratings  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Saaaaay - who rates these topics anyway? And why? I can see rating restaurants, books or films or anything else you have to shell out your hard earned quatloos for, but a forum topic that's just a click away?

At first I thought that maybe there might be some government minders, chamber of commerce types or PC police patrolling the forums attempting to exert "unusual influence" but there's no consistency - the topics that seem to take the piss out of or at least bring to light some negative aspect of the culture here often get 1 star on the general forum but 5 stars on the news clippings forum. There are 5 star topics that immediately fade into obscurity and 1 stars that have hundreds of posts...

Then you have your 3 star topics. I mean, who is going to go to the trouble of rating a thread as just average? These must be "my vote cancels your vote" situations, with the 2 and 4 star ratings indicating the current balance of power between the warring opinionated factions.

Anyway I'm just curious what the typical (dare I say 3 star?) TV member thinks about these ratings...

Guest Bellini

Because you formatted the text of your original post in such a way as to reduce the line spacing far below normal I have given you one star only. It appears it is not possible to give zero stars.