Kantarat Golf Course (don Mueang)

machlad

I fancy a round of golf between the runways of Don Mueang but need a bit of info if anyone can help.

I have read that taxi's can only go as far as the checkpoint to the airbase?

Is it then far to walk to the course?

Is it easy to turn up and play or is a booking definately required?

Looking at a mid-week date in mid December.

One more question

Any advice ona hotel close by - I have been thinking of either The Asia Don Mueang or Airport suite Don Meaung,

Edited by machlad

I fancy a round of golf between the runways of Don Mueang but need a bit of info if anyone can help.

One more question

Any advice ona hotel close by - I have been thinking of either The Asia Don Mueang or Airport suite Don Meaung,

Rama Garden Hotel, we used to stay there a lot before coming to live. Still go there on occassions for their buffet. I can highly recommend it.

One more question

Rama Garden Hotel, we used to stay there a lot before coming to live. Still go there on occassions for their buffet. I can highly recommend it.

Thanks John, I will check it out.

Thanks John, I will check it out.

Suggest you google.co.th and then rama garden hotel to get a good price. Think Dec prices will be higher than now.

Suggest you google.co.th and then rama garden hotel to get a good price. Think Dec prices will be higher than now.

I have found the rama graden on sawadee.com, I use the site quite often for bookings and they are usually competitive on their prices.

I played there about 3 years ago and you are correct in thinking that the taxi could not get past the gates.

However, the guards there simply waited for a member to turn up (flash BMW if memory serves me correctly) and they ask them to take you in. It is about 1km, so too far to walk with golf bags etc and I dont think they would like a stranger wandering around on foot anyway.

Probably better to call prior to going, as there may be a comp on that day or a group booking (unlikely, but would ruin your day).

It used to be great fun, especially with the 747's taking off, but not so sure anymore with only smaller domestic routes using the airport.

Lastly...the course itself is...crap. Crap layout, crap condition and crap facilities. Don't go there expecting a well laid out track.