Modern Design Furniture Shops In Pattaya

Tyke

Hi,

I am furnishing my new condo in Jomtien and would like to know where there are some nice furniture shops in Pattaya. I know all about Index, SB, HomePro etc so no need for info on these.

I am also not really interested in the wooden Asian style, good quality or not, that I see in many shops - they are nice but I want a modern style to my condo, not a Thai or Bali style.

I particularly need a Queen size bed, which is less common, and a 2-seater settee/sofa. I am not interested in built-in beds or sofa beds.

Sorry to be so specific, but I know what I want :o

Hi.

How "modern" are you looking to go?

I'm picky on furniture too - after all, why buy it if you're not going to enjoy it fully?

Pattaya is really quite limited with furniture besides the usual cookie-cutter pieces you can find at Homepro and SB, and not to mention all those warehouses full of particle-board dreck. There is a contemporary furniture store in the same shopping center as HomeWorks on Sukhumvit just south of Pattaya Tai, but I went in there once and everything was very overpriced for what it was. You may want to try the Index on Sukhumvit's southbound side just north of Pattaya Klang. At times, they have decent modern stuff for fair prices. Index is where I went for my mattress - you can get the high end Sealy and Serta brands there.

You can also commission a local furniture builder to build you some things you want. I had a custom bed frame made out of teak, and it came out perfect, but for a steep price. I wanted it custom because Thai bed frames are all too low to the ground, and I needed something where I could utilize the space under the bed to store stuff.

Bangkok has a much larger choice of good furniture. In the Sukhumvit area, there are many stores featuring a wide range of choices, but the price tags will be fairly high. If money is no object, then you should check out the 4th floor of Siam Paragon, where there are numerous high-end furniture stores with matching price ranges. Also check the web for the occasional furniture fairs that occur in Bangkok. These fairs typically have good stuff, and at bargain prices. There is also this place at the Emporium (Prom Pong BTS) that has good contemporary furniture.

Edited by Hobgoblin

Go shopping in Bangkok.....you can check out Siam Paragon...they have a whole floor with lots of great furniture. There are many other furniture shops on Sukhumvit in the Thong Lo area.....a much better selection than here and they will all deliver here to Pattaya.

• Like 1

Go shopping in Bangkok.....you can check out Siam Paragon...they have a whole floor with lots of great furniture. There are many other furniture shops on Sukhumvit in the Thong Lo area.....a much better selection than here and they will all deliver here to Pattaya.

Thanks for your great suggestions - at least I know there is little besides the usual standards in Pattaya - I don't need to look around then.

Also on the Paragon thing - I was about to go visit there today anyway, as i live in BKK. I will look also in Central World Plaza.

Cheers.

We equipped our Condo also in Modern Style and all furniture is made to order through our interior designer in Bangkok. Quality is better than in most stores and after all it is not more expensive.

We equipped our Condo also in Modern Style and all furniture is made to order through our interior designer in Bangkok. Quality is better than in most stores and after all it is not more expensive.

Hi,

I went to 3rd floor of Paragon today to take a look. Some nice stuff - but most of it cost almost as much as my condo. So I will have to stick with SB/Index.

Thanks for the advice.

There is one large furniture discounter in Pattaya that sells the same quality furniture as Index at 50% of Index’s prices. But you need to look around to find them. I spend well over a million baht on furniture each year and 90% of that is spent at this store. Good luck finding them.

• Like 1

There is one large furniture discounter in Pattaya that sells the same quality furniture as Index at 50% of Index's prices. But you need to look around to find them. I spend well over a million baht on furniture each year and 90% of that is spent at this store. Good luck finding them.

Well, thanks a lot for the orienteering clue. I won't be running around looking for other clues, but thanks.

• 3 months later...

Are you interested in a high standard replica of modern furniture.

it is hard to find the furniture that you are looking for in Pattaya.

Mostly they order from Bangkok. The delivery price is not that drastic.

I am an environmental designer and we do quite a few of interior architecture.

I can help you source out those furniture that you are looking for and arrange the delivery

to your place.

tan

doppioarchitects.com

theprasit road right next to the outlet village at the market place, one shop with nice design furniture for a reasonable price.

This was a great store for me for very modern furniture but haven't been in awhile. Swiss owned I believe. I don't believe you have to go to Bangkok but it is true shipping isn't that bad. So buy what your want, wherever.

Edited by Jingthing

I have the same problem currently....

everyone is selling the same ugly stuff :o

On the left hand side of the sukhumvit highway towards Bang Saray, is a small shop specializing in lether custom made furniturecalled Mobel Art. (Na Jomtien) They have a book full with examples. (some are modern). They will also make if you give a photo.

Shop looks like high quality, some of the lether sofas inside where priced 30-40K for a 3 seater. A good 2 seater wll probably end up near 20-25K.

not yet experience with the shop

can give phone number via PM (TV rules forbid me i think)

jomtien

• 7 months later...
Hi,

I am furnishing my new condo in Jomtien and would like to know where there are some nice furniture shops in Pattaya. I know all about Index, SB, HomePro etc so no need for info on these.

I am also not really interested in the wooden Asian style, good quality or not, that I see in many shops - they are nice but I want a modern style to my condo, not a Thai or Bali style.

I particularly need a Queen size bed, which is less common, and a 2-seater settee/sofa. I am not interested in built-in beds or sofa beds.

Sorry to be so specific, but I know what I want :)

Hi Tyke

I think I might be able to help you..

I am a supplier of supplier of modern contemporary furniture designed By iconic European designers. All pieces are grade "A" reproductions of the original classic design. We import a container monthly.

Our range includes the "Barcelona Chair", the "Eames lounge chair" and the "Le Corbuiser" range.

Nathan.

nathanrhodesdesign.com

Try **Euro-Design Furniture** on Theprasit Road, next to the weekend market! By far the best Furniture Manufacturer on the East Coast. They are doing many of the big projects in town, hotels, condos, office buildings and more. They are very busy, wh else can say this these days...????

Not sure they are aacepting small jobs, but maybe you find something in their showroom. Talk to Luc (Swiss, (French/English/German, Thai) for any remodel, furnishing jobs! I have done several projects with them and am perfectly happy! They have done my place with in-house designed unique pieces.....I still absolutely love it after 3 years!!!! MG.

Try **Euro-Design Furniture** on Theprasit Road

Yes, that is the one I believe I used. Great products, great service, and prices were reasonable as well for what you get (good modern design and durable).

(And you can even take a baht bus there ... :) )

Edited by Jingthing

Hi,

Sorry to be so specific, but I know what I want :)

theres a big new store opened recently on Sukhumvhit road in the dip in the road on the left before Index, i think its called Chockchai

they have a lot of individually styled furniture in there that no one else in Pattaya has.

don't pay ask price, have a bid and you may get lucky

if you find the sales lady called Mem (my wife says thats her name) and that she fits this description (older, with a lazy eye.....sorry missis) then she speaks good english.

she is a tiny bit pushy but very helpful & enthusiastic and you will get a good deal from her

i hope that helps

• 2 years later...

There is one large furniture discounter in Pattaya that sells the same quality furniture as Index at 50% of Index’s prices. But you need to look around to find them. I spend well over a million baht on furniture each year and 90% of that is spent at this store. Good luck finding them.

What a strange post.

I'm sure that your condo costs as much as the furniture. That says a lot about your taste and quality of the apartment. Stick with bean bag chairs and 2nd hand junk.

Hi,

I went to 3rd floor of Paragon today to take a look. Some nice stuff - but most of it cost almost as much as my condo. So I will have to stick with SB/Index.

Thanks for the advice.

http://www.euro-design-furniture.com/

Euro-Design-Furniture, run by Swiss. They have brand new show rooms next to Mc'Donalds bangkok-bound, before Pattaya Klang (also In Hua-Hin & Phuket). Been in business for almost 20 years. They have their own, large and top modern factory just outside Pattaya and are by far the best choice for ready made and custom-built projects. I have done several large condos and houses with them and been very pleased and happy. They also provide professional after-sales & repair service. Ask for MR. Luc (German, French, English & Thai), the owner. :jap:

Decorum Furniture next to Friendship on South Pattaya Road.

Bring lots of cash.

Uhm, not sure, but I saw a Decorum on Thepprasit Road. 2/3 of the stretch from Sukhumvit on the left side.

Looking on their website "contact" the map shows 'next to Friendship' and the address is Thepprasit........how clear can it be.

Anyway, there is a Decorum along Thepprasit. http://www.decorum-t.../contactus.html

There is also Euro Design along Sukhumvit next to the new McDonalds in between South Pattaya road and Central Pattaya Road http://www.euro-desi...contact-us.html

Then there is Modern Form in the Home Works Plaza next to Big C South Pattaya: http://www.modernfor...&s=sout-pattaya

Yes, and why not.......in a few months Ikea Bang Na will open its doors...........Halleluya.......paradise finally opens!! ph34r.gif

Next time I have to read all the posts first whistling.gif

Edited by saengsureeya

• 3 weeks later...

Well topics like these are never really outdated are they. Thanks for all the shares guys. How about online stores? Especially .co.uk stores. As far as I found out they'll ship to Thailand but I have no experience at all with theses things. Would be nice if someone could fill me in.

• 1 month later...

You might also try the Wall Bed & Custom made Furniture Company in Soi Wat Boon, Jomtien (089-003 6894).

They make kitchens and general furniture items to order. Not cheap but not expensive either and the furniture is solid and well made. They also manufacture wall beds (as the company name suggests).

www.wallbedfurnitureshop.asia

Edited by Stuart

Well topics like these are never really outdated are they. Thanks for all the shares guys. How about online stores? Especially .co.uk stores. As far as I found out they'll ship to Thailand but I have no experience at all with theses things. Would be nice if someone could fill me in.

Be careful with imports. Import duty is high together with possible problems re customs refusing to release goods without a 'token of your appreciation'

All the best.