Thai Tour Guide To Go To Canada

I have read many threads and I am a bit confused as to what to do with the visa application of my GF who is a tour guide, but a free lancer.

Some people say I can write a letter for her to indicate that I am inviting her to visit Canada. Some people say that nothing should be said about any relationship between her and I. But is that enough, if she has a few friends in Canada to vouch for her, a airplane ticket (return), and enough money to show that she could be going back.

As a free lancer, she cannot get any company to say that she is an employee of this or that company since she is a "sitting guide", which I think means that she is an assistant guide to the guide who can speak fluently Korean, for instance. I think this could be a huge problem. Am I right?

She has never travelled outside of Thailand. I think this could be a problem!

Is there any way I can convince immigration that she will not stay in Canada? She does not intent to.

Thanks very much for the assistance.

Edited by rethaired

Hi Rethaired,

Here is my advice for you. I am by no means an expert and I am going through the same thing that you are (ie trying to get my Thai gf a visa so she can visit me in Canada).

Dont just listen to my advice but take some time and really think the visa process out before applying.

Once you are rejected its much harder to get accepted the 2nd & 3rd time around so dont rush it.

The advice given to me from an immigration lawyer was to not mention the relationship to the embassy.

From all of the stories I have read during my time trying to figure this stuff out.... it seems it can work both ways.

In your situation I wouldnt tell them about your relationship because it doesnt sound like your gf has enough ties to Thailand

to prove to them that she would return.

If your gf has a very successfull business or had children to care for.. or if she owned valueable property the embassy might believe that she would return to Thailand.

Sometimes if you are honest and tell them about your relationship they will allow the visa but it really depends on the situation.

A situation where they might allow a visa for someone is if your gf was a student and she was enrolled in University

and could prove she has already paid for her tuition fees they would believe she would return to study.

If your gf is a tour guide cant she set up a tour to Canada? If she was able to do this I think she might be able to only stay in the country for about 10 days or something... better than nothing.

If you want her to come here for a longer period then she will have to apply for a temp resident visa. If that is the case

an invitation letter would be good to help her but not if its from you. She might have a case if she could convince the embassy

she was invited to Canada by a friend and that she wanted to come here to sightsee and prepare for a tour group she wanted to organize.

Anyways man I dont know just a few thoughts to try and help you out....

There are a couple other threads about peoples experiences in dealing with the Canadian Embassy in BKK. Good luck!!!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=169962

and

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=191379

Just try to make it simple. I would say be honest and then it can not backfire on you. Tell them how long you have been seeing her and such if that is a fair amount of time.

Put some money if your friend has none into her bank account and bring a statement showing balance to show that she will be coming back. Write a letter stating you will cover any medical costs that she may incur. Get a letter from her employer as a character reference. I was told there is a daily limit of 60 applicants for Thai nationals applying for visa`s to Canada. Not sure if that is true. I have heard both good and bad stories but they all seem to happen when the people are trying to bend the rules or take the easy way out with the embassy.

You could also go the serious route and just apply for her landed immigrate status and bring her over and see if she likes it and if not the she just goes back home if the tourist visa route has failed.

Good luck.